What is your favorite 3-4 ingredient go-to meal?

Options
Hey Everyone! Hoping to get some new quick prep and delicious meal ideas!

Please post your favorite 3-4 ingredient meal!

My favorite..... Pineapple Salsa Chicken!

4 chicken breasts - cubed
1 large cans of diced pineapple
1 large jar of chunky salsa of your choice (I use Pace Picante medium)

Place all ingredients in a oven safe dish and bake @ around 350 degrees for approx. 40 mins!

We love to serve over rice. So freaking good!

Hope so see some of your favorites!! :smiley:

Thanks!!

Replies

• tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Most of my dinners have very few ingredients, I'm not a great cook LOL! Here are some of my favorites:

Low carb pita bread, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, turkey Pepperoini. Toast in toaster until cheese melts and the pita is crisp.

Corn tortilla, ground turkey, Mexican cheese, and lettuce/pico de gallo. Tacos!

Low carb tortilla, chicken cooked in the crock pot with salsa, Mexican cheese, reduced sodium refried beans. Chicken and bean burritos!

Yummy!

Tonight is really basic, Eggbeaters, Mexican cheese, avocado and pico de gallo.
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mexican food and pizza.. my kind of girl! hahaha Mmmm
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, black beans, salsa and avocado. Maybe rice with it.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Lean ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheddar-jack cheese. Crumble a couple of tortilla chips on top and voila, taco salad.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Mexican food and pizza.. my kind of girl! hahaha Mmmm

I eat the same meals every week because it's easy and I enjoy it. I also make delicious tostadas by spraying corn tortilla with coconut oil Pam cooking spray, bake in oven at 400 for 10 minutes, flip tortillas after 5 minutes. Top with whatever you want. I do refried beans, cheese, lettuce and pico de gallo.

My husband loves it!
  • VeeGeeMom
    VeeGeeMom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken breast, roasted sweet potato, fresh pineapple for dessert
  • ChrisRendon1128
    ChrisRendon1128 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken mixed with avocado. Yum :p
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Two ingredients - steak and brussels sprouts.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1-2 different types of fruits or berries, yoghurt and either milk or juice = nice smoothie :blush:
  • maria0104
    maria0104 Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Beef strips, broccoli, garlic, oyster sauce (mixed with 125ml water). Fry that up, boil off the water a bit until sticky, chow it down :D
  • lornamary60
    lornamary60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen shrimp, put 8 in a container to defrost with some barbecue seasoning (Pampered Chef brand usually) in the morning. At night I spray a small fry pan with Pam, heat it up, throw the seasoned shrimp in....2 to 3 minutes and I have a main dish. I make brown rice in big batches that I freeze in small containers and defrost with the shrimp. Nuke the rice, season and I have a whole meal.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Most of my meals have three components. Protein, carb, veggie. Tonight it was a grilled 99% fat free turkey burger, steamed carrots and a sweet potato.
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your meals!
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato topped with, black beans, corn and Greek yogurt/salsa
    - (I like to eat this with a chicken breast I have rubbed some taco seasoning on and grill on the foreman grill, but potatoes good alone)

Quesadillas. Fill them with a little cheese and all the veggies you can cram in there. Beans or chicken for protein. Eat with salsa / sour cream.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni Pizza Chicken- chicken breast, pizza sauce, 1/2 slice mozzarella and turkey pepperoni in oven. Serve with a veggie.
    Baked chicken breast with Mrs. Dash seasoning, sweet potato or Garlic Parmesan Portobello mushrooms (garlic seasoning, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top of portobello mushrooms and bake)
    Salmon packets- Salmon, seasoning, lemon and veggie wrapped in aluminum foil bake or grill.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Place all ingredients in a oven safe dish and bake @ around 350 degrees for approx. 40 mins!

Thanks!!

I don't know what I did wrong when I made this. I used plain old chicken breast, DelMonte canned pineapple in juice and Pace Picante Mild, and... it was so bad I couldn't even eat it. :( My husband said it was really good and ate all of his, but I ended up throwing mine away.

My go-to is similar,though. Mix 1 jar of salsa chili verde with 1 can of white beans, and pour over chicken breasts and bake. I like to serve it with fresh avocado or guacamole.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Thanks!!

I don't know what I did wrong when I made this. I used plain old chicken breast, DelMonte canned pineapple in juice and Pace Picante Mild, and... it was so bad I couldn't even eat it. :( My husband said it was really good and ate all of his, but I ended up throwing mine away.

My go-to is similar,though. Mix 1 jar of salsa chili verde with 1 can of white beans, and pour over chicken breasts and bake. I like to serve it with fresh avocado or guacamole.

Did you drain the pineapple? This person's post didn't say to, but it definitely should be. You should end up with salsa that has pineapple chunks, over chicken.
  • shan_sel
    shan_sel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tuna cooked in garlic and sweet peppers with brown rice noodles. My fav :)
  • Jazzdaisy
    Jazzdaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like Tyson's teriyaki chicken breast with brown rice and a vegetable.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburgers.