A fantastic moment in my weight-loss journey

Options
Just want to share...

I had kind of a breakthrough moment today. I'm at the gym on my lunch break, as usual. I finish my workout and go back into the locker room and go to rinse out my headband like I always do. I catch a peek at myself in the mirror. And for the first time in what seems like a million years, I did NOT immediately hate what I saw! In fact, I actually kind of LIKED it. I can tell I'm losing weight. I don't look as puffy. I like the progress I'm making. It was a fantastic moment of pride.

Now, as someone who has spent pretty much her entire life hating herself, this moment was HUGE. It made all the hard work I've done so far worthwhile to have that one moment of self-confidence. And it's given me a huge boost in motivation to keep going!

Replies

• Goldhartbeat
    Goldhartbeat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's interesting how the mind plays catch up isn't it? You sort of imagine extra pounds until one day you look in the mirror and actually see!
    Keep up the good work (mentally as well)!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful progress! Body image is such a difficult thing to come to terms with. May you continue to have such fabulous success. :smiley:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What a great milestone.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That is SO AWESOME!!!!!

Great Job!
  • figbelle
    figbelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This post made me smile, great job!
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    So happy that you got to see your hard work paying off!! Love your dedication, going to the gym during your lunch hour absolutely awesome!!!!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successes! I can't imagine what that would be like, I mean working out on your lunch break. It must be marvelous to get a true break and not be locked up with lunch and learns, incident response exercises, and vendor meetings! :wink:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I remember the first day I caught a glimpse of slightly differentiated muscles in my upper arm. It's was like, who's that in the mirror?!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Well done :)

It is always the glimpse that does it as you see yourself in the abstract.

Looking at progress pics with your face blocked out can have the same effect.

I did the same as you in the locker room a couple of months ago and, as it was empty, I managed to get a pic.

Cheers to the new you, h.