Nutribullet - Is it worth it?

Options
Hi All,

I'm think about getting a Nutribullet... Do you think it's worth it? Some of the recipes look great but I've been wondering if it's better to lose weight and keep healthy by just counting calories.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet but never in a million years looked at it as an alternative to ordinary weight loss and health.

It's a tool and I like it for producing fruit smoothies, I blend soups with it and it makes my protein shakes really lump-free and creamy. But that doesn't mean that I LIVE on fruit smoothies or blended food alone and eat nothing else???
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I think it would be a handy kitchen tool, but that's not going to change the fact that I need to keep healthy and count calories.

Do you like smoothies? Do you want a blender? Can you afford it?
    If so, go for it.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I adore it. If you want to make single-serving smoothies, especially ones that include ground flax seed (do that before any other ingredients are added), it's the best tool for the job.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Well, it isn't either/or.

If you buy a Nutribullet, you'll still need a calorie deficit to lose weight. And many people find that counting calories is the easiest way to do that.

So do you want to eat the stuff you can make in the Nutribullet is the question you need to ask yourself.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it! Use it a lot for smoothies. It really takes care of crushing ice and making lots of smooth green smoothies. But, definitely consider it a kitchen tool and not any magic way to lose weight. Keep tracking.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Well, it isn't either/or.

If you buy a Nutribullet, you'll still need a calorie deficit to lose weight. And many people find that counting calories is the easiest way to do that.

So do you want to eat the stuff you can make in the Nutribullet is the question you need to ask yourself.

They make great piña coladas. :smile:

Honestly it's just a small blender that lets you use the blender container as the cup itself. I don't think it has any magic abilities to make you healthier. You would still need to count the calories of the content that you put into the Nutribullet. My personal favorite use is to make ice cold protein shakes after workouts in the morning. I add ice, protein powder and milk/water and blend for 15 - 20 seconds. Perfect shake. It does a great job of that.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It's okay. I like that it's small. If you're going to make smoothies, I recommend the smoothies by Kimberly Snyder.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Love mine for mixing my protein.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It makes great smoothies. You still need to count the calories for them though.
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's a tool like anything else. I love mine for making healthy smoothies at home, but they're no different than smoothies you'd buy or make with another piece of equipment. It can be a valuable tool as part of an overall healthy eating plan.
  • KLaugel18
    KLaugel18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with others here - its not a weight loss tool, but a wonderful blender if you make single serving smoothies. I use it every morning.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i got one for my birthday in november and i use it almost every day. i LOVE it. i got the most expensive one (was a gift) and it is really worth the money. (of course, it wasn't MY money! LOL)

it is a great way to get-in greens, and i can also make my protein shakes. it is FAR better than any blender i've ever owned.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've used mine every single day for the last year. I just made a yummy avocado n chocolate pudding in it. As other have said, it's not a weight loss tool, it's a must if you love smoothies like I do.
  • amywebs18
    amywebs18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback :) im looking for something as an after gym meal so it sounds like it will be perfect! Hurry up pay day!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Use one almost daily to make protein shakes.. Love it.
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have it. But I use it to chop garlic and onions B)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    For simple protein shakes I use a $14 walmart mixer.
    That's all you really need for that.
    Many people just use a shaker cup.