My weight loss is not symmetric!

Options
I've lost almost 20 lbs in the last two months. This morning looking in the mirror for the first time closely I noticed my sides / muffin top do not look the same! My right side is almost flat or smooth and my left hip has an obvious fat bump. I hadn't noticed before because underwear and pants will squish my fat in enough to make it look similar on both sides.

I thought this was so weird! Has anyone else noticed this happening on parts of their bodies? I would've thought it should be more even.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    our bodies are not perfectly symmetrical, and one side is ALWAYS larger than the other (on me, its my left side lol)

just keep eating at a deficit and it will eventually become less noticeable.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I suppose my fat bump isn't as unique as I thought it was lol. I also have a very obvious fat bump on my left hip, for me it was quite noticeable before losing weight. I've lost about 23 lbs now, and it is becoming less noticeable, but it's definitely still there. I'm hoping that in about 10 lbs when I start going into maintenance that it is even less noticeable, but unfortunately I'm not holding out too much hope that it will totally go away.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I don't have any flat areas yet lol but my muffin top keeps going through mutations as I lose where one side or the other is smaller. Sometimes it's very noticeable to others depending on what I wear. Most of the time I can only see it with no clothes on.

• cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have one side that is fatter than the other, but it isn't something I have just noticed. I actually think in my case it is more noticeable when I am heavier. When I lose weight, it shrinks and isn't quite as visible. Of course, my husband doesn't see it and thought I was nuts when I asked him if he could tell...LOL!
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Its quite possible I was more in denial about my body than I thought prior and never noticed any asymmetry. Or at least I rarely stare at myself naked, lol.
    I do a lot of zumba on the Wii so I wondered if the belt had something to do with that, but its not like I wear it all day.
    Until I lose more weight I think its gonna drive me crazy knowing its there, haha.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm not really built for muffin tops, but am a thunder thigh girl instead... but I have definitely noticed over the years that my left thigh loses cellulite much more slowly than the right; my right legs can looked toned and decent in shorts and my left leg will still be pretty gross... I think everyone loses weight in weird ways!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My belly button always looks sad, especially on to the left.
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have one hip that seemed bigger but then that side started hurting....oh - its an inflamed bursa! So that was it for me. I have 1 thigh bigger just because.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Yes, lumps and divots. Rather odd seeing that instead of a firmer, fatter belly that looks 15 months pregnant. I'm down 20 pounds as well, what a difference!
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Could us women be built like this on purpose so we can carry our kids on one hip all the time? Lol