Surgury

Options
So I'm having my 7th surgury next week for endometriosis, I have lost 13lb while using my fitness pal since January but would like to at least try and maintain my weight not put any on during the next few weeks, but there will obviously be minimal excersise. Help please?!?!

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Just watching your calories should help - some people don't exercise at all and still lose or maintain their weight. Try and stick to the limit MFP gives you, or at least to your maintenance level, but take it easy and don't get stressed out over it while you're recovering. Good luck with the surgery! :smile:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I had surgery 5 weeks ago to repair a hiatal hernia. I was on a severely restricted diet to begin with but I still logged my foods and aimed for my maintenance calories in order to heal. That is the beauty of MFP's system. You DON'T need to exercise. They calculate what you need to eat without it. If you aren't there already, set your activity level to sedentary. I actually ate about 200 calories below my maintenance number (which was 300 calories above my weight loss number), just in case, and maintained my weight.

One thing, stay off the scale for at least a week. The swelling from the actual surgery, plus extra fluids if they give you an IV, will make your weight fluctuate upwards. It is just temporary.
  • charliemarie985
    charliemarie985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much, I'm still new with all this MFP. I just gained over 2 stone with my previous surgeries and I've done so well to lose 13lb it's just worrying me that I will struggle to keep motivated. I've struggled this past week and not been logging anything due to pain, but I have still been eating healthy and understanding calories in foods etc has really helped. I'll just try my best. Thanks girls X
  • dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can do it! 80% of losing weight is diet. Without exercise, you have to be stricter with your diet. Anyone can add me for motivation and support!