New - By My Friend?

Options
Hi. I'm Marsha and I just started MFP. I'm looking for some friends to chat with and to encourage each other. I've got 20-25 pounds to lose (which I've lost and found before). I seem to do really well for a while, and then go back to bad habits, like DESSERTS. I've got wonderful kids and grandkids and a really terrific "skinny" husband! Not sure how MFP works yet; I'm trying to figure it out.

Replies

• Aylame11
    Aylame11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey ive been doing this for nearly a year! I found it worked better than any diet company, you can track what u eat when you eat it, by putting your weight height etc it works out healthy calories intake for you! It makes me actually think about my food intake!! I hope you do well! I have 2 stone to loose by 2018 for my wedding! I also have a skinny husband to be and active two year old to keep me going! Xx
  • jessicker
    jessicker Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi - I did MFP years ago but quit. Now after some big life changes I'm getting back into again (trying to refresh my memory on how everything works here too). I also have a goal of 20-25lbs. For me my issue is portion control. I really enjoy food :#
    This app is such a great place for ideas, support, recipes, etc.
    Here's to loosing the weight and not finding it again :smiley:
  • Marshamike
    Marshamike Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm working it, but it's so not easy. 6 days now and I'm hungry all the time... But hanging in there.
  • ctrygrldwn2erth
    ctrygrldwn2erth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Send a friend request. There are people I'm friends with looking for the same. We all are just starting out too.
  • lawmiller1
    lawmiller1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on MFP for about 8 months now. It is the only diet plan that I have had any success with. I have a lot more then 20 pounds to lose so it is a work in progress but going well. It took me a little while to not go over the calorie count but it does help me rationalize, do I really want to exercise an hour so I can eat that cookie?? It has worked for me with a step tracker. Best of luck to you all.
  • aacyn
    aacyn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ug, I too have a skinny (genetically flawed) husband! I am looking to lose 40lbs initially and am in my upper 40's. Working with a bunch of guys that eat non-stop and having a bottomless pit of a hubby are some of my challenges. Hopefully I will learn how to add friends & this app will be my inspirational piece to my journey. Good luck & stay strong!
  • Marshamike
    Options
    I haven't learned how to send a friend request so if anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it. Meanwhile, please send one to me! Thanks all.
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP helps as long as you stay "engaged". I'm down about 80 from my max weight, about 7 pound to goal. 64 here.
  • ashleypresnell691
    ashleypresnell691 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new as well and looking to lose about 40-45 pounds!!! My entire family has weight issues but living around my in laws (which are all a healthy weight) makes me want to work harder. I have a weakness for snacking on unhealthy foods. But I have 2 daughters who deserve a mom that feels good enough to play with them!! Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • Marshamike
    Options
    Let's do this together. Lucky little girls to have a dedicated Mom. You will be a good role model!
  • Desi0619
    Desi0619 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting over on MFP with about 40lbs to lose to get me back to a a weight I'd be happy in my skin with. I started nursing school about a year and half ago and gained a bunch of weight. Now I'm looking to make the healthy lifestyle changes that eventually I'll be talking to patients about.