Anyone else love potatoes?

Options
Like really love them?

I have a 1.2kg potato mono meal 3 times a week. Can't get enough of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9CK5Vztsjc

If you do eat them, how do you like them? Boiled? Mashed? Baked? Made into healthy potato fries?

Give me your potato ideas, lovelies! <3

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I just had Trader Joe's frozen garlic potatoes in parmesan sauce. Amazing. 160 calories for a decent sized portion. I don't eat potatoes much, these were terrific.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I LOVE potatoes. They're so healthy for you. I eat them pretty much every day. Always have. I just weight out the servings. When I'm watching what I eat, I'll bake a 5 oz potato, or I chop and roast potatoes with olive oil, garlic and kosher salt. It makes me feel more satisfied for dinner. Not as hungry after for snacks.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes, but there are so many foods to be eaten and I'm tiny. About once a week, 250 grams, and usually mashed.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I love me a good baked potato with salsa and a smidge of shredded cheese.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love potatoes, especially baked potatoes. For a quickie meal I bake one in the microwave (6 minutes!). Stuff it with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, some turkey or chicken slices, and top with cottage cheese and sriracha. It's the bomb and very filling for relatively low calories. Macros aren't too shabby, either.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love them too. Mostly chopped (or I just use the little fingerling ones) and roasted with salt, olive oil, and often garlic.
  • karmelpopcorn
    karmelpopcorn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love them, and I'll never give them up, but they do add up. I like to substitute them for noodles in soups. They give me the hearty comfort I'm looking for.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Yaasss! I eat potatoes almost every day. Good ol' baked Idaho russet Burbanks. I rub them with a little oil and salt before baking (no foil wrapping them). The skin gets so golden brown and crispy, and the center so fluffy. Sigh... 3 more hours until dinner, lol. Can't wait.
  • myers5410
    myers5410 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love potatoes. If there was a potato diet I would definitely be able to follow it with no problem!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    .. that's a lot of potatoes.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful cause I love potatoes so much. I rarely cook them cause I will destroy 2 servings of just potatoes in mere moments. So I limit them to once every 2 weeks or so
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I Love potatoes!
    We eat them every week; mostly Yukon gold organic potatoes in the bag from Trader Joes and sweet potatoes.

My favorite way to eat them is cut in 4's (wedges) bake them in 400 degrees with; salt, pepper, onions, garlic and fresh rosemary. Dip in ketchup or a tad of sour cream.

Or I boil them w the skins on and eat them with butter, salt and pepper!
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I make them many different ways. Oven fries are a favorite with my family; though I like making them mashed, roasted, fingerlings, baked, etc...I also roll out the deep fryer from time to time......Its all about portion control!

• Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes! I mean love the things. If I could I would marry them. :wink:
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes. Baked with kosher salt and dipped in curry ketchup. Garlic roasted in the oven. Boiled/pressure cooked and tossed with salt, pepper, and fresh chopped parsley. Nomnomnom.
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I like mine mashed with some butter and salt. yumm yumm
  • ohthesorrow
    ohthesorrow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    GIMME THEM POTATOES!! I love slicing them and baking them to crispness. They are a staple for me as a HCLFv.<3
  • april1779
    april1779 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love old fashioned mashed potatoes, a bit of butter and milk. I love them so much that when we go to my in-laws, my MIL makes so much extra because she knows I like them. She literally will tell anyone that comes to the house how much I love potatoes, it's become somewhat of a joke in the family, lol. I don't eat them so much anymore, but maybe once I get a food scale.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I get frozen seasoned potatoes/broccoli/onion/red pepper and fry it in a little olive oil with some sliced sausage.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see I'm not alone! I confess I'm a taterholic.....I love them in almost every form. I just had one with my dinner tonight, a big 11 oz baked potato with a little bit of ground black pepper and some butter. I was dreaming about it all day at work. Now I can go to bed with a smile on my face. ;)