Body Shape Sizes

Options
I have been doing workouts but my right side of my body looks bulkier than my left side?,it's not even. How can I equal it out.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you right handed?
  • kf1834
    kf1834 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been told it evens out, which is why we don't end up with arms lopsided to our dominant side. If you are worried maybe shake up your workouts, do things backwards, favor your non dominant side for a few workouts
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Just make sure if you're working out to make sure you're doing the same exercises, weight and intensity on both sides. If it's fat loss, there's no way to target a specific area, it's all about toning and weight loss (a la So you want a nice stomach). I get what you mean though, I see it just through regular weight loss and it's aggravating because I'm a big fan of symmetry. :lol:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Maybe focus on your left more or better yet, just let it go! No one is perfectly symmetrical and enjoy your uniqueness!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    One of my thighs is currently 2inches bigger. Don't worry about small differences. They are usually not noticeable to others and usually even out anyway.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You might be imagining it.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Did you take measurements? If you are standing sideways in the mirror when you take a picture, the forward side will appear larger. Are you always standing with your right side forward in the mirror? :wink:

According to measurements, my dominant side is anywhere from 1/4 inch to a full inch bigger than non-dominant, depending on which area is being measured. It seems to be improving with regular workouts. To be honest, I can't see the difference in the mirror. Keep equal weights on both sides when you work out, try measuring, our eyes are easily deceived.