Gatorade Prime Chews...anyone swear by them?

Options
rca27801
rca27801 Posts: 20 Member
They seem like a carb-packed gummy cube, essentially. Anyone use them before a cardio or strength workout? What do y'all think of them? Real deal or just a placebo?

Replies

• DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it myself but I read some other reviews. It sounds like you use them before a really intense, aka hours long, workout. I don't work out that hard. I suppose if you run marathons it might be worth a try.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    10 gummy worms would give you similar calories and carbs, plus you'd get some protein (the Gatorade chews have none). The difference in electrolytes (which is a Gatorade claim) is negligible. I'd choose the gummy worms because they're cheaper with nearly identical nutrition.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    When my dad would run marathons he would take the energy chews to gnaw on halfway through the race, he seemed to like them, and would consistently take them for long races, and when training. Maybe before strength, depends on the cardio, buy one at a grocer and see if they work for you. Remember the chews are for carbs more than anything.