Setting Activity Level

Options
I don't know if this is a good place to ask but I am having trouble choosing my activity level setting. I have a desk job in a hair salon but I stand up and sweep hair after every client for all 5 stylists. I do and put away 2-6 loads of laundry daily and I take out all the trash daily and am responsible for sweeping the floors daily and mopping and cleaning the bathroom once a week. On Saturdays I will start doing makeup for weddings instead of being in the salon too. Would this still be sedentary with the desk job or light activity since I am up and moving often?

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'd say light activity. Sedentary is for those of us who sit at a desk for 7+hrs a day.
  • DarqueDreamer
    DarqueDreamer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I do have times when I sit still for long periods but I also feel like I'm up more than I sit.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I do have times when I sit still for long periods but I also feel like I'm up more than I sit.

Try it out, see how it works with the calories set at light activity for a few weeks (4+), if you're eating at a deficit (and you're being really goo about logging/measuring/weighing food) and still don't seem to be losing then try it at sedentary. With the increase of your activity at work with the makeup, you'll probably be moving more anyways!
  • DarqueDreamer
    DarqueDreamer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Thanks for your help! I will try that.