New and needing all the support I can get!

Options
renaedar
renaedar Posts: 626 Member
I am finally trying to lose the weight, I have been carrying on for the 40 plus years. I have a long way to go, but I chose to take this as a day at a time. What I need, is all the support I can get. If you want to share this journey with me I would like to meet anyone that would like to take it with me!

Replies

• Raimie71
    Raimie71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    we are here! add me as a friend and we will help incourage you all that we can! You can do this program!
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome!

Hey, you've come to the right place! :bigsmile: Feel free to add me as a friend ~ this site offers tons of support, I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've been working on the 60 pounds for about 20 years now - they come, they go, they get more stubborn with age!

I just joined this week too and would love to journey with you.:smile:
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like...I'm looking for some extra motivation as well!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP! Add me if you'd like, this is a great site!
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am new as well!! Good luck with your goals!! This site seems to be an awesome place for encouragment :smile:
  • sinnygirl
    sinnygirl Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new to this forum as well but not new to fitness. I will be happy to support you as much as i can. I am currently working out 5 - 6 days a week with 2 days of resistance training and the rest cardio. I recently took up Zumba and it is definately a fun way to burn some calories. What has worked for me is working on my eating first and then slowly adding and modifying the workouts. Everyone's anatomy is different so what works for me may not work for you but the key is to never give up.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. The support on this site is wonderful!!
  • lshere
    lshere Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    add me if you like i love this site
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There are plenty of us here to offer support so add loads of friends who will make the journey with you every step of the way! :smile:

You've already made a great start by joining up

Good Luck

Di
    :flowerforyou:
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My wife & I are both on MFP, and we love it. I've lose almost 20 lbs in 4 weeks; she's lost over 15. Once you start to track stuff, you'll probably find (like we did) that you don't have to make major life changes, just a few tweaks here and there. If I can offer any help, support, or tips, feel free to ask!
  • TAErvin
    TAErvin Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome all new members. We all need support from time to time please add me as a friend if you like. I love to motivate and be motivated. Well good luck guys. And remember try to track you meals each day that helps me alot.....:flowerforyou:
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    When is the best time to work out? My day consists of leaving for work at 7 am, home at 5:30 pm, cook supper for the family, eat usually by 6:30, throw a load of laundry in or do some grocery shopping. I have MS so I have issues with fatigue and I don't think I've been up past 10 pm in months without having planned in advance and taken a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. We have a treadmill at home and a stationery bike. Am I better off just finding 20 minutes here and there or should I be trying to schedule an hour at a time?