CHICKEN

Options
okay...I've got boneless skinless Chicken breast and I need to make somehting healthy and light for dinner.. It's hot here so no soups! TIA!

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    toasted (curry) chicken salad sandwhich. Add baby spinach and cut cherry tomatos for some extra flavour.
    Flatbread mexican chicken pizza ( salsa,chicken,cheese and pre sautteed veggies on a tortilla shell)
    Chicken stir fry is always a classic.
    Chicken/veggie bbq kabobs.
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Salad:
    Grilled chicken breast (you can always put in the fridge after cooking to cool it down before eating)
    1 Piece microwaved bacon
    2 Cups lettuce
    1 stalk celery chopped
    1.5 Tbsp Bleu Cheese Crumbles
    1 Tbsp Wings sauce
    2 Tbsp low fat ranch dressing

Absolutely delicious!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Season it the way you like...have it with veggies OR salsa & avocado OR chicken cesar salad.
  • nikkischmitt79
    Options
    I like to grill it, buy a bag of salad, red pepper, green pepper, can of black beans rinsed, ear of fresh corn cooked and cut off the cob, 2% milk cheese. Then mix fat free ranch dressing with salsa and have a southwest chicken salad, yummy!
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I like to bake it with ff cream of mushroom soup and then sprinkle it with a little of the frenches fried onion. Then have it with a salad. Not bad at all in calories.Sodium just a little bit more then some people like but I drink lots of water with it. Or bake it witha marinade and put it on sandwiches.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cook it, cut it up and put it in a salad :)
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Salad:
    Grilled chicken breast (you can always put in the fridge after cooking to cool it down before eating)
    1 Piece microwaved bacon
    2 Cups lettuce
    1 stalk celery chopped
    1.5 Tbsp Bleu Cheese Crumbles
    1 Tbsp Wings sauce
    2 Tbsp low fat ranch dressing

Absolutely delicious!

I do this type of salad, too. Today I mixed the wing sauce with plain yogurt. If you like wings, it gives just the right flavor.
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    Did you do the yogurt instead of ranch or bleu cheese dressing?
  • southtowngirl
    southtowngirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Cook it, cut it up and put it in a salad :)

That's what I do .... and I use bbq sauce for dressing!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I love the P90XChicken Salad, I'm having this for dinner wrapped in a multi grain tortilla and maybe some steamed potatoes:
    http://madandfatgirlrecipes.wordpress.com/2008/11/09/p90x-chicken-salad-wmy-enhancements/

I steamed my chicken with the Ziploc Zip N Steam bags (love those things).
  • nikkih_89
    nikkih_89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try the creamy Mexican chicken. It's under the recipes on here. My whole family loved it!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Fajitas! :)
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    cut it into strips and put it in a pan with coarse black pepper....just before you flip squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the pieces....then the other half after the other side is almost cooked....i serve this with broccoli (sometimes i sprinkle a little bit of lemon pepper seasoning on that too) and some brown rice....my boyfriend asks for it regularly, so simple and quick, but delicious!
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    tonight im having baked chicken breast with rosemary and thyme and jamie oliver lemon and herb crusting, but you can leave that bit out with salad and boiled new potatoes. i like to boil them without salt and then once cooked heat up a pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and some sea salt crystals and then toss the spuds about it in for a few minutes to give them a lovely flavour without too much oil or salt actually on them (most of it sticks to the pan!) oh and im having a mini corn on the cob on the side too :-)

all in all not many calories, delicious and plenty of protein for my body as i did a big workout today :-)
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Marinate in low fat Italian dressing. Grill or bake. Add ground red pepper if you like spice
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have been on a kick lately of putting my chicken breast
    in low sodium bbq sauce wrapping it in foil tightly and
    throwing it on the grill for about 30 minutes.
    Turns out so tender and juicy
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Fajitas and stir fry are great. Grill it and put it on any salad or bed of veggies. Just watch the salad dressing.

Super easy chicken parm is really great:

Vegetable cooking spray

1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1 1/2 cups Prego® Heart Smart Traditional Italian Sauce

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)

Spray a 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
    Stir the sauce and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
    Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese over the chicken.

Calories: 227

Fat: 6g

Fiber: 2g

Protein: 35g

Sodium: 611mg

1 Breast per serving....
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    bump