I'm back

Options
Hey everyone! I'm trying to lose 10 to 15 pounds. I tend to start off good with I try to eat healthy then something happens... I get off track and eat poorly! So I want to try to connect with others this go round! I have not tried to seek support from others before. Happy to hear from anyone and add some new friends. I joined another group for the squat challenge too.

Replies

• pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've been back about a month now. I'm trying to lose a similar amount of weight. For me, after I lose 5 lbs or so I tend to go off the rails. I think it's just enough that I feel better in my clothes. Then, I start to allow small indulgences, and next thing you know, I'm totally off track. This time I'm trying my best to go the distance. I'm down about 6lbs to date. Would like to go another 6-10lbs. Good luck on the squat challenge!
  • Qriss644
    Qriss644 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Were you gone long? I started MFP over 26 months ago, really didn't invest myself into the process, gave up and then found myself right back here after a serious focus starting last May and then I found my MFP link again and started all over. I am a foodie so, I tend to look for the best tasting healthy foods I can find and then stick with them while I investigate others. So far...I found a great way to eat kale(flash frying with garlic) and quinoa (cooking in broth gives it a nice little bit of flavor) and after mixing both dressing with a balsamic vinaigrette and you have a tasty healthy meal. This is a main staple for me...missed the cold and flu season this year first in five year and lost a total of 55 lbs...I have 55 lbs still to go, but I found my momentum. Hope you have more fun with this application then the last time. Welcome back!!
  • crystalshaw5264
    crystalshaw5264 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey pvju we seem to be about the same. I tend to lose a little then feel comfortable and just gain it back. I hope you reach your goal! We just have to stick with healthy eating despite the progress.
  • crystalshaw5264
    crystalshaw5264 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Qriss644 Thanks for the recipe advise! I love quinoa and I think cooking it in broth would help with flavor. I like kale raw in salads but I have trouble with cooking it and liking the taste. Cooking it seems to make it more bitter. I have tried it with the garlic flavor but I didn't like it. By the way losing 55lbs is amazing. congrats.