Distractions from eating

Options
Jellygrl
Jellygrl Posts: 112 Member
What do you do on the days that you feel like you are going to eat all the wrong foods (like reaching out for your favourite comfort food), how do you distract yourself and avoid this?

Replies

• Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I do something constructive and go for a walk or do some push-ups or something but I'm not there yet haha. Honestly, Netflix or Hulu.
    I live with a room mate that eats literally nothing but junk junk candy and carbs. So I go hide in my room and watch my shows haha. I'm very good with controlling myself around those foods but it actually causes real hunger for me when I smell or see it when I normally wouldn't eat for a few more hours, so I do what I gotta do.
    Also if I'm in a mind-less snacking mood I tell myself I'm only allowed to snack on healthier foods like carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, (maybe an apple if i have the cals) so I don't have such a huge calorie bomb. And most of the time I won't even bother haha.
    It's getting nicer out so taking a walk every once and a while is one of my goals. Maybe one day...
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take up knitting? Or any other hobby that requires some concentration.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Exercise
    Do my homework (I'm working toward a Masters)
    Do my nails (sticky when wet)
    Clean the house
    Wander around the yard or neighbourhood taking photos (amateur photographer)
    Put together a slow-cooker meal (mostly veg)
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make a big batch of popcorn to limit the damage. (I pop it on the stove and season with low calorie options.)

Last night I ate two huge oranges to fill up when I wanted chips and ice cream. Berries and oranges are great for me because they are filling, easy to eat in large quantities (I couldn't eat two apples in a row), and sweet (my snacking preference).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I ask myself which thing I really want to eat and plan to make it my lunch.

I honestly don't understand your question. It must be pretty miserable to feel that all the food you want to eat is 'wrong'.