I'm getting clean from my addiction... Scared at weight I'm putting on

Options
Hello this is my first time trying to eat n live healthy!! I have. Been in recovery before but I blew up like a cow!! I am afraid to do that again!! I also have a 18 month old baby and I'm a stay at home mom with adult children! I do not wish to get big again as I'm scared of its repercussions. I also have diabetes.

Replies

• Candida83
    Candida83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is make sure that you are active and that you eat the calories that you burn. Say you worked out and burned 200 calories. You want to eat those calories, along with your regular daily calories. Don't get into too much of a deficit, or your body will store the fat. Good luck, and congrats on kicking your habit! :smiley:
  • lorellelove
    lorellelove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just focus on staying clean today. I started to pay attention to my food (like really) when I had 3 months clean. I will take gaining weight over the insanity of drug addiction any day. I did gain weight when I first got clean, but I am now below the weight I was before I got clean, and I actually have hope:) please add me if you would like, it helps having like minded people to connect with <3