ugh, today was my first binge since I started this program 12 days ago.

Options
I've felt so good up until now. I was literally lying in bed last night running my hands over my stomach over and over again because it felt different, in a good way.

Today was election day in Illinois, and I was helping out a friend who ran for office I had to be at the polls at 5am. I couldn't sleep last night, so I only got two hours of sleep. I was sure to have a healthy(relatively) breakfast before I went.

Then when I came home I just went crazy. I was sooo hungry, and I was hungry only for junk food. Then I slept. Then I got up and ate some more.

Feeling demoralized, lol :) I need to do better with stress management. I never considered myself an emotional eater but as I look at my log today and the facts, it's pretty clear I ate back my stress.

Replies

• Goldhartbeat
    Goldhartbeat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's okay! Everyone slips up every once in a while. The important thing is not to let it get you down (for long at least). Keep your goal in mind! And you did have 11 good days! ;)
  • gretchenzg
    gretchenzg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just climb right back up on that horse and go! Get some extra exercise if possible to make you super-tired so you can catch up on your sleep.
  • bisto1971
    bisto1971 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep going, everyone has little set backs but you'll get there. I'm just starting for my summer holiday. Got a stone to lose!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff--it happens to us all. Time to get back on track. No excuses.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It won't be the last time, that's just the nature of the beast. We have bad days, we make excuses and bad decisions about what we eat or why we don't exercise because of those bad days - it happens. The important thing is to learn from it so that it happens less and less, keep going forward and don't beat yourself up for it. Pick yourself up and just keep on forward :wink:
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yup, just what everyone above said. It happens, you've realized lack of sleep and stress can be triggers. Next time maybe you could pack some healthy food choices to take with you, you'll figure it out. Don't beat yourself up and certainly don't quit! You've got 11 good days, so, yay for you!
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That means that you had 11 days of not binging so focus on that.. You're doing great stay positive forgive yourself and look ahead
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I was really tempted to wake up and just not eat today, which in the past just perpetuates the cycle of late night eating. So I managed to get in a healthy breakfast and am going out with my dog shortly! :)
  • JulieJewlsWhatever
    JulieJewlsWhatever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Then pat yourself on the back for the 91% that you rocked! You made an A. Now keep going!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I was really tempted to wake up and just not eat today, which in the past just perpetuates the cycle of late night eating. So I managed to get in a healthy breakfast and am going out with my dog shortly! :)

Congratulations! You are doing this right!

It isn't your mistakes that matter, it is what you do about them!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    OP, your post contains a big clue as to why you binged:
    Then when I came home I just went crazy. I was sooo hungry, and I was hungry only for junk food. Then I slept. Then I got up and ate some more.

Don't let yourself get this hungry again. Keep a bag of nuts or something non-perishable with protein and fat around all the time. Peanuts, walnuts, almonds and raisins mix or sugar free nut butter and crackers/apple are my go-to snacks if I think I might be caught somewhere and need to snack. Pumpkin and sesame seeds work, too.

Believe it or not, it won't set you back as far as you think. Just jump back onto your eating plan and move on.
  • bragaj17
    bragaj17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. This is a life change, not just a weight loss diet.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yes, @positivepowers, you're right. Today I made sure to walk out the door with almonds :)