Feeling down today...

Options
So I joined a competition at my work The Biggest Loser about 3 weeks ago. I was doing great on my diet, working out and eating right and of course using myfitnesspal regularly so I can keep track of things. Well last week I got a bad tooth infection and couldn't hardly eat much less work out and am still not fully recovered and in a little pain. Well in today's weight in I gained a pound! So now I've only lost 2 lbs to date and I'm feeling very blah and depressed about it and have no motivation in sight! I seriously was doing so great working out and actually feeling so great from the work outs. But I'm still having issues with my teeth and am just now feeling lazy and more hungry (probably because I can't eat very easily too)

I'm just ranting because I'm having a bad day! Everyone at work is so excited with their progress and here I am a pound heavier, on antibiotics and pain medicine and feeling yucky!!!

Anyone have an quick diet tips that could help me get a boost and maximize my weight loss by next week???

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry! My only advice is to just keep going. Stay focued.

I was in a weight loss competition as well, a couple of months ago. I was doing great until I went away for the weekend and drank and ate (guilt free) and gained some weight...I'm still trying to recover from that. It totally messed up my motivation. Looking back, I realize it was all in my head. I so could have bounced back from it but I decided instead to sulk.

Good luck!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No quick weight loss tips for you, just a word of encouragement. Try to focus on how good you felt when working out and let that motivate you back to it. I am sorry that you have dental issues but they will pass and you'll get back on track and join all those other "losers" at work. Hang in there!
  • karenlynn0625
    karenlynn0625 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just try to remember that today is a new day! Everyone has their bad days or bad weeks of not eating right or exercising enough, but the key is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over! Think positive!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Could the meds be doing it to you? I know sometimes going to the bathroom becomes an issue with some meds.... Didn't check if you were male or female, but if it's female,..... well could be TOM coming to town. Have you tried any protein type shakes or something healthy that you can drink/eat???
    Hang in there!!!! THings wil get better! I've ahd weeks where I think I am doing great and the scale says otherwise. Maybe try to do some yoga, stretching, weights while you sit (arms).....
    Things will turn around! Don't get down on it all!!!!!!
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You need to remember that life happens sometimes - you are only just at the beginning of your MFP quest and you need to cut yourself some slack!! I suggest that you go and pick up a 2lb bag of apples at the supermarket and appreciate how much you have actually lost!

Put your poorly tooth behind you, get back on track with your calories as soon as you can and you will soon start to see the weight come off. :flowerforyou:
  • donmikulecky
    donmikulecky Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is a long term thing. If this is your only downer be thankful. It is not easy and you have to keep your eye on the prize. We are here cheering you on.
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are worrying too much about weight and loss of a pound/or gain of a pound. Get one thing squared away at a time, that is the issue of what is going on with your teeth/tooth. Do your food diary on MFP faithfully and you may not be a "high loser" but you will succeed. Good luck, FG
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was feeling down yesterday too. However, thanks to a lot of encouragement from my MFP friends and a blog post that I happened upon last night I'm doing better. There will be bad days, but you won't stay there forever. I encourage you to read this post too and stay focused on your goals. The reward is worth it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Lizzy_Sunflower/view/staying-positive-and-fighting-negative-self-talk-116663