Any success stories finding a mate in the gym?

Options
Dafacta
Dafacta Posts: 8 Member
I think it woud be nice to find someone who enjoys working out and staying in shape. However, I understand people generally want their space and focus when working out. Any thoughts?

Replies

• sedentarygeek
    sedentarygeek Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My cousin met her fiancé at the gym! I don't remember the specific details of how they started talking, but hey- it happens! :)
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    personally, i'd feel a bit awkward if someone approached me at the gym. I'm self concious as it is, if someone approached me i wouldn't know if they're being genuine or just taking the p!ss.
  • ryanflebbe
    ryanflebbe Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    personally, i'd feel a bit awkward if someone approached me at the gym. I'm self concious as it is, if someone approached me i wouldn't know if they're being genuine or just taking the p!ss.

Yeah, girls I know often are intimidated and self conscious in the gym anyway and fear being approached.
  • Dafacta
    Dafacta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good points. I guess I was thinking as a guy if I approach you at the gym while you are sweating it out, its a chance I like you for who you are. But I surely can see both sides though. Appreciate the replies.
  • JulieJewlsWhatever
    JulieJewlsWhatever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think guys can be genuine or slimy anywhere. The gym is no different. I'm up for a friendly face at the gym, just not a drooler while I'm doing the thigh machine.