Master Cleanse

MissLop3z
MissLop3z Posts: 4 Member
Today was my day 1 of the master cleanse I am shooting for 15 day! I recently lost 30lb an do feel I need a cleanse.

Anyone would like to join me?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Cleanses are unnecessary and can be dangerous. A cleanse just means diahrea by another name. It's a fad right now, but MFPers usually don't fall into the fad trap. Oh, and good luck.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    What do you expect from doing a cleanse or detox? What are you trying to remove from your body ?
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    I master cleansed this morning, by eating 25 prunes... Waiting for the effects to kick in.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    What are you trying to detox from? What horrible chemicals have you been ingesting?

Cleanses don't do much, other than often rid your body of fluids you need which makes it LOOK like you dropped weight.

When you see the scale move quickly, it's not fat that is gone but fluids. You will put that "weight" back on once you are done said "detox".
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    If you recently lost 30 lbs why do you feel you need a cleanse?
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    If you recently lost 30 lbs why do you feel you need a cleanse?

To cleanse out the junk from old fat cells, silly!

/sarcasm
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

The Challenges section also has this additional guideline, which this topic violates.

Challenges which encourage VLCDs, extreme calorie deficits through the use of exercise, or which promote weight loss goals beyond the 2lb per week will be removed.

You can read the additional guidelines here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10298436/welcome-to-the-myfitnesspal-challenges-category-please-read#latest

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.