in agony

Hey guys am mega unfit amd have just started exercise aling with healthy eating to help loose weight. I did a circuit class today and was red faced like 2 minutes into it but my calf is so sore in 1 leg hurta to walk any ideas how to speed up the healing? Thanks

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    edited March 2016
    salt bath. Compresses.. WATER ( ingested )..
    I eat banana's after a good workout.. if that helps.. I dunno, but in my head it does and sometimes that's all it takes.

Don't sit for too long.. you will notice it will hurt more .. keep walking and keep moving a bit.

oh.. and pain killers haha.. I only resort to that when it makes it that I can't sleep though :/
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    What Majigurl said - and just try to MOVE. Walk through it. I know when I first started, after my first day of weight lifting I could hardly move for 3 days. I was in SO much pain. But I kept at it and kept doing it and now I do get a bit sore from my workouts, but nothing like it was at first.
  • donnarooney663
    donnarooney663 Posts: 59 Member
    Thank you so much ive just took ibuprofen and will do the salt bath and compress hope it helps really is agony and was told i have weak legs haha.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Thank you so much ive just took ibuprofen and will do the salt bath and compress hope it helps really is agony and was told i have weak legs haha.

Who ever told you that.. kick 'em lol

Weak is relative... You are doing great ! you got out there, tried something new.. sucks you are paying for it today.. maybe try to not push SO hard next time.. but it does mean you were enthusiastic and got your move on hehe..

• donnarooney663
    Thanka i will keep movin today jst fwwl like legs arr bout to give way
  • donnarooney663
    Haha yeah that would ahow him. Yeah a tried my best and i suppose no pain ni gain lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Do a Google search on DOMS. :)
  • donnarooney663
    Thanks i just googled it says icepacks and massage help
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    And remember it will get easier!!!! Good job keep it up
  • donnarooney663
    Thanks Lesley i hope so
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Yep welcome to the wonderful world of DOMS. We wear our DOMS like a badge of honor. It just means you are using your muscles in a way they were not prepared for. They have been torn up, will repair, and will be more suited for that activity the next time you do it. This is how we progress and get better. Eventually you'll no longer get DOMS. But it can be debilitating at the start of a new workout regime. Just stick with it, walk through it. Do preworkout dynamic stretching, make sure you're getting enough protein for muscle repair, and post workout static stretching. Try to avoid just sitting around, frequently get up and workout the soreness.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Stretch, it will get better soon enough.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I promise it will get better! It's so hard at the start, I couldn't move for days!
  • donnarooney663
    Thanks guys x
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    the more you can move and stretch and get blood flowing into the muscles, the faster the recovery. stay hydrated and eat well. BCAA's sometimes help, but you have to take them before, during and after. Although it wouldn't hurt to start nourishing your body with some if you feel like buying it. i use an orbital car buffer to massage my muscles when they are sore.