What exercise you practice daily to stay fit?

Options
What are the exercises or cardio you do daily yo stay fit and how many times each exercise?

Replies

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    nothing. The only things I do daily are eat, sleep, go to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

I guess you could say I walk every day since I have to get around during the day.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything daily other than get 14k steps. I do run 3-4 times a week (20 miles a week), cross train 2-3 times a week, strength 2-3 times a week, stretch/massage 3-4 times a week.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Find a program that works for you, something realistic that you will actually do. This usually means a program designed by a professional that many people use (note: not all personal trainers are "professionals").

Couch to 5k (running for non-runners) 3 days a week
    Strong Curves (resistance and cardio for women, emphasis on butt, for beginner or intermediate) 3 or 4 days a week
    Starting Strength / Strong Lifts / ICF (strength program for men&women, emphasis on compound lifts) 3 days a week
    PHUL (intermediate program, more aesthetic than strength) 4 days a week
    PPLPPLx (intermediate and above, can be programmed for aesthetic or strength focus) 6 days a week

If you are new to working out, I suggest looking at the top 3 choices
  • Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I walk for a few minutes followed by running as long as I can and then walk/run some more until I have done it for 30 mins.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    lift weights five days a week.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I use the bike in the gym minimum of 3 days a week, minimum an hour a time but aim for 90 mins if I can! I also make sure I hit my minimum of 11k steps as many days as I physically can (on a running streak at the mo!)
  • cmuller1412
    cmuller1412 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do treadmill approx. 3 times a week.. I did an hour last night at 5.2km's p/h..
    Need to start with some toning exercises asap - have lost 7 kg's in 2 weeks!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What are the exercises or cardio you do daily yo stay fit and how many times each exercise?

I have a bunch of exercise videos that I like to switch up. Fitness for me is cardio, strength & flexibility. So I do a different DVD each day. Yoga (flexibility) is usually day 7, a rest day for me.

I could create a list of body weight exercises or dumbbell exercises, but that's boring to me.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I try to stretch daily, don't always manage it though. I like a sun salutations based sequence. I also do a bare minimum 30 mins of walking (I have a dog, so no punking out). But realistically, I'm a student with a pretty heavy course load, and I sit more than I should doing homework and stuffs.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Running, cycling, weights ... but more because I enjoy it than that I have to :)
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't do any single type of workout every day. It's either some kind of HIIT, Body Combat, Body Step, running, hiking, Les Mils CXWorks, or maybe yoga/pilates. It's a big mix.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I have a bad back so every morning starts with about 45 minutes of core strengthening. In the afternoon, I either swim 1.5 miles or walk 5-7 miles. About once a week I get a 7-10 mile hike in.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise daily. I exercise 4-5 days a week.
    Mon/Wed: pole
    Tues/Thurs: yoga
    Fri or Sat: could be rest days or a pole day depending on my work schedule and the way my body feels
    Sun: always a rest day.
  • toughmudderMN
    toughmudderMN Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Right now I work out twice a day, 6 days per week. 45 Mins of cardio in the mornings. A 3 day lifting split( upper body pull, legs, back) and 30 mins of cardio at night. I think the main thing that keep me healthy is my food choices though.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I walk daily, 45-60 minutes at brisk pace Mon-Sat, 20-30 minutes on Sunday. Calisthenics thrice weekly, 45 minute sessions.

I do the brisk walking for cardiovascular health (family history of high cholesterol and high BP ends with me). I do the calisthenics for strength, for the challenge, and for maintaining muscle mass and bone density.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    I walk every day usually 3-4 miles. I am starting to try incorporating a little bit of running into my walks. I also do a yoga video about 3 times a week. I want to start some type of weight lifting routine, but I am having trouble getting started. I"m not really sure how to start or what to do. I've started looking into my options though because I feel like I really need to add some strength training in.
  • sjbuescher
    sjbuescher Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    swim hard MWF, run, weights, and recovery swims mixed in the other days.
  • yozzer
    yozzer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Caveman training. High intensity workouts . Lost 1st 7lb 8 weeks
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I mix it up between running (4 x weekly), riding ( 3 to 5 x weekly), rowing (avg 3 x weekly) and strength training (3 x weekly) and I further mix the cardio up between steady state and intervals.

I'm going to assume, based on your question, that you're new to this. It's going to take some trial and error to find things that you enjoy doing (life's too short to be doing things that you hate doing) and what you're capable of doing now will very different to what you may be able to do a year from now, set realistic, progressive goals for yourself and have fun!
  • jurisdoc85
    jurisdoc85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I mix it up between running (4 x weekly), riding ( 3 to 5 x weekly), rowing (avg 3 x weekly) and strength training (3 x weekly) and I further mix the cardio up between steady state and intervals.

I'm going to assume, based on your question, that you're new to this. It's going to take some trial and error to find things that you enjoy doing (life's too short to be doing things that you hate doing) and what you're capable of doing now will very different to what you may be able to do a year from now, set realistic, progressive goals for yourself and have fun!

This is really great advice.