Pizza Express shock

Options
This is my first time posting, but I had to share my calorie shock! I went to Pizza Express today and got a Capricciosa pizza - tomato sauce, mozarella, red peppers, anchovies and hard boiled eggs. I thought, out of the pizza options available, it sounded ok. I knew it would be high calorie, but when I got back, I had a look on Google and this one little pizza (which definitely hasn't filled me up for the day!) has NINE HUNDRED CALORIES!!!! 900! Apparently one of their salads (I couldn't find which one) has 942, so I wouldn't have been better had I chosen a salad, either!

Well, this has kind of stuffed me for the rest of the day. I did some extra exercise, but I only have 140 calories left for the day even with that, so I have a feeling I will be well over my allowance by bed time!

Replies

• Katcha
    Katcha Posts: 3
    Options
    This is my first time posting, but I had to share my calorie shock! I went to Pizza Express today and got a Capricciosa pizza - tomato sauce, mozarella, red peppers, anchovies and hard boiled eggs. I thought, out of the pizza options available, it sounded ok. I knew it would be high calorie, but when I got back, I had a look on Google and this one little pizza (which definitely hasn't filled me up for the day!) has NINE HUNDRED CALORIES!!!! 900! Apparently one of their salads (I couldn't find which one) has 942, so I wouldn't have been better had I chosen a salad, either!

Well, this has kind of stuffed me for the rest of the day. I did some extra exercise, but I only have 140 calories left for the day even with that, so I have a feeling I will be well over my allowance by bed time!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    That's ok,... because tomorow is an other day

lesson learned and on with your day !!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    may marie is right, now you know, and like Oprah says- when you know better, you do better.
    one day of going over will not derail your efforts. Just learn from the experience and do better the next time.

The first day I found MFP I had already eaten breakfast, and when I logged it in, I was horrified to see that I had consumed a 1500 calorie breakfast. I just decided that I was not going to do that again, and as you can see by my ticker, the plan is WORKING!!! Hooray:)

Good luck-
  • mmcritter
    Options
    Just get back on track tomorrow, everyone is entitled to make a mistake now and then:blushing: . My big " healthy choice that wasn't really healthy" mistake is the TGI Friday's Pecan-crusted chicken salad. This may look and sound healthy... but don't let that fool you! Check it out:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 salad
    Amount per Serving
    Calories 750 Calories from Fat 0
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 49.7g 76% <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    OMG!!!!
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Potassium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 71g 24%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 38g
    Protein 62g 124%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 59.6% Carbs 37.9%
    Protein 33.1%

(from http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/tgi-fridays/pecan-crusted-chicken-salad )

I started eating this salad once a week, thinking it was probably a little less in calories than some of the other options on the menu... I was setting myself up for failure there!:sad:

Tomorrow is A NEW DAY! :happy: Kepp up the good work!
  • Katcha
    Katcha Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks all! I will definitely be having a look BEFORE i go next time...