Guilty

Options
dmirunizzle
dmirunizzle Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Yesterday and today my lunch consisted of carbonara pasta. I made it myself and it is like 800-ish calories, I fitted it well in my daily goal but I kinda feel guilty because I know it is not the healthiest meal. Do you think it will affect me somehow?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything is fine as long as it fits your calories. Sounds delicious and totally worth it.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If you fit it in, you should be absolutely fine!

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more healthy than a bacon cream sauce!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today my lunch consisted of carbonara pasta. I made it myself and it is like 800-ish calories, I fitted it well in my daily goal but I kinda feel guilty because I know it is not the healthiest meal. Do you think it will affect me somehow?

Yes, I think having guilt for eating is very bad. It will make it difficult for you to have a good relationship with food, which in turn will make it difficult to manage your weight. Binge-restriction cycles are often propagated by feelings of guilt. Stop doing that! If necessary, seek professional help. Also, double check if your definition of healthy food holds water.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    You will gain at least 30-40lb overnight and you just gave yourself diabetes, cancer, and shortened your life by at least 10 years. At least you feel guilty about it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Perfect meal :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I literally sigh at society when I read things like the OP.

Where have things gone so wrong when a pleasent meal like spaghetti carbonara is referred to so negatively.

It's food. In correct dosage and context it's perfectly "healthy". Just like everything else.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anything is ok if you are within your calories. Enjoy it all! Nothing to feel guilty about.
    Awesome to eat food we enjoy, that is one of the finer things about life.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation........that's the number one thing I've learned in my 5 years with myfitnesspal.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, the last 2 days I've had 1,000+ calorie lunches and just fit them into my day, and they were delicious!