Keto diet meals and recipe ideas

Options
I'm struggling to eat enough fats without exceeding my carbs and protein intake. Any suggestions on high fat low carb and protein foods?

Replies

• calicutie05
    calicutie05 Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bacon or salmon!
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    I'd like to know also... Shocker, I don't like bacon and can only eat so much salmon. What about cheese?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Cheese is good, right ratio of fat to protein and virtually no carbs in hard cheese. Ditto eggs. Cheese omelette !

Ruled.me/keto has recipes and stuff.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Avocados, cream, butter, oils. I roast or pan fry cauliflower and other non-starchy vegetables in olive olive or coconut oil.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you are struggling, maybe keto isn't the ideal diet for you?
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you have fat to lose there's no need to add more fat. Have you seen an OKL chart for your macros? Fat macro should be a limit, not a goal to meet. Stay on the lower end if you've got a lot to lose.

Keto/LCHF posts generally don't do well in the main forums. Post this in the low carb group and you will get a better response. That's where most of the keto-ers hang out. There's a ton of great info and very helpful people!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • terminalecho
    terminalecho Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bone-in skin-on Chicken thighs, avocado, beef tenderloin, coconut oil. I agree you shouldn't be concerned about fat if you're low carb.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Some people do very well losing fat on a high fat diet. Ketogenic diets are a matter of personal preference for some, and health for others. I second the recommendation of the Low Carber Daily group.

Lots of people have trouble eating enough fat at first on a ketogenic diet.