Belly Bloat :(

Lately I been having the hardest time getting rid of my bloated stomach. I've been seeing all the tea's advertisements saying they'll help you with this problem. I was wondering did anyone try them and if they really work? Or do you know some old fashion tips to get rid of the bloat monster? Plss help :)

Replies

• jlsully7
    jlsully7 Posts: 7 Member
    I wouldn't waste my money on it honestly. Instead, what are you eating? I'd try to reduce inflammatory foods. I noticed a significant reduction in bloating when I reduced my sodium and carbs intake.
  • furylabs
    furylabs Posts: 20 Member
    I couldn't get rid of the bloat around period time. But the rest of the time diuretics like ceylon black tea and coffee helped in conjunction with very low sodium diet and lots of water.

Does the trick for me and the boyfriend.

Let us know if that helps at all! But you have to be serious about the low sodium thing for a minimum of a week straight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    The teas are just laxatives. Laxative abuse can cause bigger problems later, I'd avoid going that route.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Peppermint tea will
    Help settle the tummy - reduces a little bit of bloat due to irritation, green and ginger help . Best bet is to identify what is causing the bloat , intolerance too much sodium , a big increase in fibre can all cause it .
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    edited March 2016
    There's nothing wrong with having diuretics like coffee and tea here and here. But with bloating, the ways I combat it are, less starchy foods, making sure you're always drinking water throughout the day and fibre to keep the bowels moving. Also, exercise massively helps.

Edit: in addition - curb the added salt! Keep a check on sodium intake. I love salty/savoury foods and I find I bloat when I ingest too much. (Heaps of water retention).
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Too much insoluble fiber! Cut back! :)
  • Hmh2040
    Hmh2040 Posts: 9 Member
    It's just a bunch of lies !! , if you want to lose fat you have to control your food . You have to workout at least for 30 min per day , do more cardio and drink more water , and don't forget to eat healthy food . You won't see any results after one or two days , you just need to wait
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    I never get bloated anymore. Up the whole foods carb intake, lower your sodium, dairy & meat consumption.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I never get bloated anymore. Up the whole foods carb intake, lower your sodium, dairy & meat consumption.

Agree!

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    1. make sure you are not pregnant.
    2. cut down salt and ALL processed and fast foods
    3. eat natural foods
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    3. eat natural foods

Lol number one is a constant fear of mine!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    edited March 2016

Agree!

But I do get a bit of bloat if I drink (vegan) beer :D That's not really a food group, now is it...
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    I get bloated often. I also have to watch sodium.
    Eating more fiber and becoming regular helped immensely with the bloat.
    Eating foods that cause gas typically just fill me like a balloon.
    Also, keeping notes in your diary will help you hopefully track down any food culprits.
    Lettuce is one for me.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    I used to get horribly bloated, sometimes over night and sometimes just during the day (start off normal and by the end of the day look 6 months pregnant). What helped stop this was to cut way back on highly processed foods, try not to eat a super high fiber diet, and cut back on gassy foods. I don't have celiacs, but found for whatever reason bread makes me ridiculously bloated, so now I only have it once in a while as a treat (so sad, I love bread). I also found increasing my protien and fat macros and decreasing carbs helped resolve the bloat. Now days, I don't really care about fat aside from calories as long as it's coming from things like nuts, avocado, olive oils etc. sorry your going through that, it's uncomfortable and it sucks.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    ^^ Agree! For many many years, besides being grossly overweight, I battled bloat. Make sure there are no underlying medical issues (mine is hypothyroid/Hashimoto) and for whatever reason once I stopped with the serious gluten items (white bread, pizza, pasta, Pasta!) and sodium intake, not only did I start dropping the weight much better, the bloat all but disappeared! I will still get bloated occasionally, but I always know the beans (I love), hummus, and certain vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage....) will bloat, of course and among other fun side effects.... lol. If you enjoy teas, drink them - other than that; don't waste your money.
  • lyazmine
    lyazmine Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you guys I appreciate the feedback :)
  • lyazmine
    lyazmine Posts: 4 Member
    elsinora wrote: »
    3. eat natural foods

Lol number one is a constant fear of mine!

Lol mine too