Any thigh gp workout recommendations?

Options
Hey there, my thighs are always large in my body proportion...l is there any ways that I could burn fat from my thighs? Thank you!

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    No, there is no way to spot reduce fat.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    No
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    No, you can't spot reduce. And a thigh gap has more to do with your bone structure than the size of your thighs, so maybe shift your goal.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    No, you can't spot reduce. And a thigh gap has more to do with your bone structure than the size of your thighs, so maybe shift your goal.
    ^^What they said
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    But you can still tone your legs with walking or running or squats, and overall weight loss.
  • mlindeman0002
    mlindeman0002 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap has nothing to do with exercising, it is all about your bone structure. If you are wanting to tone up your inner thighs, I suggest doing cable hip abductions.
  • ildiko2016
    ildiko2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone here BUT since taking up yoga and ballroom dancing few years ago, my inner thighs are definitely more toned and don't rub together anymore (I'm pear shaped gal). I lost around 2 kg (4-5 pounds) too but this was first time in my life when thighs changed shape. Hope that helps :smile:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nope . thigh gap has more to do with bone structure.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Change your genetics?
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Most thigh gap you see in media (print/internet) has been Photoshopped in. Actual humans having it is VERY rare, and it's due to bone structure as folks above have said. It is *not* a measure of thinness in a person, never mind health.
    Also, targeted fat loss is a myth. Muscles take energy from blood, and blood goes through your body once every 6 seconds or so and it takes energy from whatever fat it's passing by at that time. Sorry kiddo. :(
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    If you want the illusion of a thigh gap, stand still with your toes pointed inward and your knees slightly bent.

That's it, unless you change your bone structure.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Which definition of thigh gap are you aiming for?

Some people think a thigh gap is simply when your thighs don't rub together when walking. This is possible for most women.

The traditional definition is your thighs don't touch when standing with your feet are together and your knees are touching. This is only possible with the proper bone structure/genetics.

I have never had a thigh gap and my thighs don't touch when walking/running/standing normal. They will touch if my feet are together.