No work out just fitnesspal

Options
Hi there just wanna share my amazing year
Started as a bet with my brother for who will lose most weight per week, loser pay 10 bucks
Then with only fitnesspal, no diet, no work out, same food that I usually eat but less quantity, i lost 55 lbs in one year
Now the hard part is to maintain but still motivated

Replies

• Trent1612000
    Trent1612000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • codygish
    codygish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Started as a bet with my brother ... i lost 55 lbs in one year ...

You left out the most important detail! Did you win? :smiley:

• lauralooloo1988
    lauralooloo1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I liked your post. I hardly do any exercise and was wondering can you loose weight alone just using my fitness pal x
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Awesome! I did also lose without working out but watched my portions, then learned about macros to find myself eating healthy and balanced meals. :) MFP works!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I liked your post. I hardly do any exercise and was wondering can you loose weight alone just using my fitness pal x

You can lose weight without exercise, but I don't see why anyone capable of it wouldn't want to. When I exercise regularly, I feel better, sleep better, have more energy, and am more productive.

Exercise doesn't need to be done in a gym - I get most of mine hiking and soon will be gardening.

@azulvioleta6 maybe you'd like to chime in here.
  • savethewaves
    savethewaves Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That motivated for 10 bucks.. Lol good job though. Who won the all that cash?
  • frenchiedeuce
    frenchiedeuce Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    codygish wrote: »

Haha it was more like exchanging the same 10 dollar bills back and forth since it was almost equal
    I might have win a hundred bucks during the year since I lost more weight
  • frenchiedeuce
    frenchiedeuce Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all
    I wanted to share because my fitnesspal works
    The money bet was the first motivation and it did help to have a sibling competition
    Then losing 1 or 2 even 3lbs a week, that was the great pleasure of doing it
    Writing down every single meal was a pain in the butt but after a while it Became a habit and eating less but still eating what i love was easier for me than special pale or no carbs meal lol
    Now i start the gym so let's get tone lol
    Btw i was 230lbs down to 175lbs :smiley:
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great work~
  • 1heartpineapple
    1heartpineapple Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done !
  • minniesb69
    minniesb69 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    codygish wrote: »

Haha it was more like exchanging the same 10 dollar bills back and forth since it was almost equal
    I might have win a hundred bucks during the year since I lost more weight

Motivating.I feel guilty when I skip the gym, even with a deficit. Good to know I can still be successful like you if I skip as long as I watch my intake. Thanks for sharing and congrats!
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    12 years ago I lost weight with WW and didn't do any exercise. I gained all the weight back (plus a little,) and started again last winter with MFP and my fitbit. Even though I now weigh about 12-15 pounds more than I did when I got down to my lowest weight with WW, I wear the same size and am much more toned. Mostly I just walk, but also do a little yoga and exercise. The eating will lower your weight, the exercise will tone you up and make you feel better! It does actually become a habit.
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've lost 82 lbs in 10.5 months just from calorie counting alone on MFP, too. Just started running two weeks ago finally and it feels great! There's so much less weight to carry now and I already feel stronger and leaner... for me, I would never have been able to stick with exercise 82 lbs. ago... but now I actually look forward to it. :) Do you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!