Frozen Meals

Options
edg_15
edg_15 Posts: 15 Member
Hey guys! Can you give me some suggestions for better frozen meals? My bro and I started buying lean cuisines but I'm wondering if there are other options that taste good and could be lower in sodium. I've noticed my sodium levels are high but I like food that we can just grab and go.

Replies

• onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a processed food that is low in sodium. Let me know if you find one.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Check out the Hungry GIrl website, she recently posted some new frozen meals on there.
  • edg_15
    edg_15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good idea!
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you have time on the weekends, you can actually make your own. :-D
    Just cook up some food that's healthy, or at least in portions that you would like and just freeze them. They should keep during the week. That way you can cut cost and sodium. :-D Not sure if this is feasible for you because I don't know your schedule. But hope this helps.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Amy's Organics has a low sodium line. If you're going to eat processed food, that's the ONLY brand I would recommend....all of the other ones are full of toxic fillers and other nasty stuff.
  • engelskirch
    Options
    My favorite...Smart Ones made by Weight Watchers - Fettucini Alfredo at 240 calories (not sure of the sodium content at the moment). So good that my kids try to eat them.
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My favorite...Smart Ones made by Weight Watchers - Fettucini Alfredo at 240 calories (not sure of the sodium content at the moment). So good that my kids try to eat them.

These are my fav also .... they seem to have less sodium than others I've looked at ~ they taste great too!
  • Lholford
    Lholford Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think I'd starve to death if I ate frozen meals all the time. My seven year old can eat more than what they put in those meals like smart ones, etc......

If I DO buy frozen meals, usually it's stuff like Turkey and Dressing meals or Chicken Pot Pies like Marie Calendar.