Started

Options
I just started my journey to healthy living and weight loss. I'm so excited to finally be getting my life in order. Any tips or ideas for me or even encouraging words so that I can stay focus

Replies

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started. I'm 5'2" at my highest weight I was around 220lbs. After years of yo-yo dieting, diet fads, 6 week boot camps, soup diet, detoxes, cleanses, starving myself, killing myself at the gym I finally was able to find this site and it has been what worked. I have since loss 70 lbs..

The keys that I found most beneficial was.

1.Not to obsess with the scale.- some weeks it'll go way down the next week it will shoot back up some weeks nothing at all...it's ok, consider NSVs (non-scale victories) like my pants are looser.
    2.This is NOT the biggest loser. there's no race. Don't set unhealthy goals like I'm gonna lose 20lbs this month.
    3.Be honest. Log all your food, the good, the bad, and the yummy. Don't beat yourself up when you don't stay within your limits. tomorrow is another day so just log it and move on.
    4. Patience. You will not be a size 2 tomorrow, next week or next month.
    5. MFP is a tool. It works only as well as you use it!

I wish you wellness on your journey!
  • iamprettip
    iamprettip Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. And I'm so proud of what you doing and the weight that you lost
  • Inittowinitagain
    Inittowinitagain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love the title "Started". You have faced down your hardest challenge!