Mom of 3 -new baby- who let herself go

Options
Gimarie_sud
Gimarie_sud Posts: 40 Member
Hello!!!
I am 26, from Nevada (almost utah) I have 3 daughters (3, 1, and 3 weeks old) and a wonderful husband, at some point into motherhood I lost myself into taking care of others and realized that I was not helping anyone by not taking care of myself since I was becoming slowler, lazier, unhappy and I miss my old self.
Each pregnancy I gain a lot of weight, 98, 69, 63... I am breastfeeding but that does nothing for me.
As of right now, I just want to improve my diet until the doctor clears me to start working out.
I am looking for fitness pal friends. I enjoy reading, makeup, kids stuff, Harry potter, writing, homemaking, homestead, prepping, cloth diapering, etc

Replies

• megmo1985
    megmo1985 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi there! A mother of 3! That's amazing! I have two daughters (3 and 10 months old). It's so hard to focus on yourself when your children are involved but you're doing the right thing! Start focusing on yourself and you will find you are a better mother because you feel better about yourself. As you know, that first 6 weeks is a time for healing so take care of your health first. Try to make healthier eating choices and drink water as you go. As you know, don't calorie restrict too much or it will make you weaker for nursing. I'm also a HUGE ready and especially love Harry Potter ;) Best of luck to you!
  • Gimarie_sud
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Harry potter it's the best, I can't let go of him hahaha ha
    I can't jeopardize my diet as I am feeding 2 babies, nursing it's very important to me :)
    Thank you for the tips !!
  • annieerichi181
    annieerichi181 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm from WA and have one baby, an almost 5 month old son. I'm in the same boat as you - during my pregnancy I gained like, 40 pounds or something! I'm breastfeeding as well, and lost like half that weight almost right away, but wouldn't you know it the holidays were right after I had my little one and I gained all of it right back lol. I just got cleared for exercise (my c section took a while to fully heal, I kept ripping my stitches lol) and just started dieting today. I'm hoping the change to healthier food is going to help my milk supply!

Oh, and Harry Potter is life.
  • sunnystaceyd
    sunnystaceyd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 29 from the East Coast originally, but the military just moved us to WA. I am a mom of 2 girls (6 years old and 7 months old tomorrow!). I didn't actually start to gain weight until after I had my youngest because I had terrible "morning" sickness during my pregnancy. So after she was out I over did it on eating because food tasted so good again, and nursing makes me so so hungry! So now we are settled from our cross country move, and I have to make a change. The problem is I don't want to negatively impact my supply as I am supplementing 1 time per day already. So I just wanted to share my story and say hi! Seems like we are all in the same boat with the same goals so I would love some motivation and people to hold me accountable and I will do the same for y'all!
  • ccnagain
    ccnagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of 5 (toddler-college) and am a military wife as well. I have to admit, not a Potter fan but if you can look past that life killer :wink: I've been there and done that with the weight gain and loss with babies. This last time I was at a great weight and hubby came home from his first deployment and wanted one more baby. So for the last 3 years I've been carrying this extra weight around and finally decided I really need to get it off and keep it off. We will be moving to CO later this year and I am looking forward to doing some outdoor hiking when we get there so I need to get this weight off and get in better shape if I plan to keep up with my hubby. Always looking for more encouragement as well. :smile:
  • Gimarie_sud
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your stories!! I love the support and encoragement!!!

It's going to be hard with little kids but we can totally got this.

I am looking forward to Dec 31- Jan 1, not to make the same new years resolution I have done all my life... I hope to welcome the new year feeling good about myself
  • DeeMau
    DeeMau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Mama to one little guy who's about to turn two. I'm also a military spouse (hi ladies), originally from the DC area but out in California now. I actually LOST weight while pregnant with my son and then slowly gained it back and more. I've had a very rough year and emotional eating has always been a challenge for me but I'm back on the wagon and would love to both offer and receive support. I'm still nursing, though we're tapering, and trying to get myself back into my fitness routine. I love that you enjoy homesteading. I'm a big proponent of natural, whole foods and an avid cook. The goal, for me, is not a specific weight or size, but to feel happy and comfortable in my skin again.
  • pjohnson0787
    pjohnson0787 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm 28, mother of 3- 2 boys 10 and 4 and a girl 8 months. My hometown is MD, but im currently in OH. I gained a ridiculous amount of weight with my first something like 60+ lbs, my least was with my last one, with her I only gained about 15-20 lbs, then went back down to my pre pregnancy weight after having her.now I'm on a mission to lose all this weight. I started on March 6. So far I'm down 6 lbs. Still have 100 pounds to go.:'(
  • Gimarie_sud
    Options
    DeeMau wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Mama to one little guy who's about to turn two. I'm also a military spouse (hi ladies), originally from the DC area but out in California now. I actually LOST weight while pregnant with my son and then slowly gained it back and more. I've had a very rough year and emotional eating has always been a challenge for me but I'm back on the wagon and would love to both offer and receive support. I'm still nursing, though we're tapering, and trying to get myself back into my fitness routine. I love that you enjoy homesteading. I'm a big proponent of natural, whole foods and an avid cook. The goal, for me, is not a specific weight or size, but to feel happy and comfortable in my skin again.

Yes, you are absolutely right I just crave to feel energized, and comfortable! That's my goal!!
    You are one of the lucky ones who loses weight, that's awesome! I feel although it's not like I eat more while pregnant -didn't even had cravings - it's that my metabolism and digestion seem to drastically stall
  • Gimarie_sud
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm 28, mother of 3- 2 boys 10 and 4 and a girl 8 months. My hometown is MD, but im currently in OH. I gained a ridiculous amount of weight with my first something like 60+ lbs, my least was with my last one, with her I only gained about 15-20 lbs, then went back down to my pre pregnancy weight after having her.now I'm on a mission to lose all this weight. I started on March 6. So far I'm down 6 lbs. Still have 100 pounds to go.:'(

You can do it ! We are technically in the same journey together ! I want to lose 120 but realistically, I don't know if that would be doable because I haven't been that weight ever that I can remember. It might be too much for me. 80 to be like when I was in collage.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have two boys, 2 and 5, and in the past year I've learned how to take care of myself again as well as my family. I gained 50lbs with each of my pregnancies, although fortunately I managed to get most of that off between the first and the second. Breastfeeding didn't do anything for my weight loss with my older son, although I was surprised that it seemed to do the trick the second time (being too busy to eat well probably didn't help...).

Now I'm a healthy weight for the first time in my life and still going! I love being able to run around and keep up with my kids - well, usually, I'm dealing with a knee injury at the moment :p feel free to add me!