Is it ok i added 600 ml milk to my diet?

Options
yeah I am losing weight i am happy i lost more than 35 lb but now a days i am not exercising so only on dieting.

I am drinking chae (Milk + Black Tea + Sugar) to0 much nowadays. So i want to know that is it OK I am eating 1300 1400 including milk calories.
Milk is healthy so my diet is?
Milk 600 ml===384 calories

One more question does putting black tea in milk negates the health benefits of milk?

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    The concern that I see here isn't the milk, it's your calories. 1300-1400 calories seems low. How did you come up with that figure?
    Milk is fine. As with anything else, make sure you're logging it. Adding tea does not negate health benefits.
  • AamirKhan2016
    AamirKhan2016 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The concern that I see here isn't the milk, it's your calories. 1300-1400 calories seems low. How did you come up with that figure?
    Milk is fine. As with anything else, make sure you're logging it. Adding tea does not negate health benefits.

nope its fine i have to lose weight as MFP allow me to complete my diary on 1200 calories :p so its fine i should be eating 1200 calories but my bad :/
    and I am logging perfectly
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1200 is the minimum for females. 1500 is the minimum for males.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/410332-how-does-myfitnesspal-calculate-my-initial-goals-

"We do not recommend women consume fewer than 1200 calories per day, or men fewer than 1500 calories per day. Eating too little can produce negative health effects."
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options

nope its fine i have to lose weight as MFP allow me to complete my diary on 1200 calories :p so its fine i should be eating 1200 calories but my bad :/

As a man, you're not supposed to go under 1500. Forget about the "benefits" of milk, if you are severely under-eating it's impossible to meet your minimum daily nutrition requirements. You are harming your body.
  • AamirKhan2016
    AamirKhan2016 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ok i will add 100 extra calories to my diet. will make it 1500 calories
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Milk will neither help nor hinder your weight loss as long as it fits into your calories.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Milk is wonderfully healthy.
    It has protein, magnesium, potassium, vitamin D, calcium, and so much more.
    Use the low fat or skim to cut back on calories.
    I drink it because protein keeps my tummy nice and full for a couple of hours.

Milk mixed with coffee or tea can actually be beneficial.
    Caffeine can deplete calcium. Milk gives you calcium.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Last week you were eating 1800/day, according to another thread. What was wrong with 1800?

If you aren't lactose intolerant there is nothing wrong with drinking milk.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options

MFP may think you are female. Check your settings. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided