WTF is going on with this part of my body??

Options
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/kelsiehoagland/Untitled.png Sorry if that's just way too much skin, but really, what the hell is that indent?? It's been there for as long as I can remember. Is it just because I have love handle-age to lose or what? It's been driving me nuts forever. So my body goes in at my waist, comes out, stops for that indent BS, and then comes out again for my hips! I HATE IT. Does anyone else have this? I've heard that some women have it because they have big hips, and mine are large in comparison to my waist and height. I don't knowwwww! Please help :/

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    just keep working on it, it will even out soon enough, im sure its just extra fat that hasnt disappeared yet. Keep working on it!!!!!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    can't see the photo :(
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have this a little bit on one side; when I was younger (15-ish) my doctor told me it was due to scoliosis (I have a very minor case of it). It's where the spine curves in a way it shouldn't, and they told me it caused fat to distribute oddly on the side it leans more toward. It's definitely lessened since then (I've lost 35 pounds since I was 15, haha), so I wouldn't worry too much about it. (:
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh!! I have the same thing. I've always had it. It's almost like a spare tire around the hip area. If you find a way to get rid of yours, PLEASE let me know.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Is that possibly where the waist of your pants sit?
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Seriously I don't think you look bad at all.
  • katijjane
    katijjane Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i have exactly the same problem! soooo annoying. can't help u with the reason though i'm just assuming it'll disappear the more weight i lose :/
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Lots of women have this and it's normal.. it's just your body shape. As you lose a bit more weight it will become less noticible. You should also find as you exercise more it will become more defined and sculpted and it shouldn't bother you anymore :)
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I look the same too :sad:
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I believe that's visceral fat. It's classic belly fat, and it's a bummer. Continuing exercise that keeps your heart in the fat burning zone will help that burn away. Brisk walks, leisurely bike rides, hiking, and moderate swimming are examples of fat burning exercises. Super intense exercise will help, but after doing easier workouts twice a week for a few weeks, you'll see that fat begin to disappear. Lots of water, minimal alcohol, and increased protein will also help release the water stored in that area as well.

Keep on fighting the good fight.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Untitled.png
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Untitled.png Sorry if that's just way too much skin, but really, what the hell is that indent?? It's been there for as long as I can remember. Is it just because I have love handle-age to lose or what? It's been driving me nuts forever. So my body goes in at my waist, comes out, stops for that indent BS, and then comes out again for my hips! I HATE IT. Does anyone else have this? I've heard that some women have it because they have big hips, and mine are large in comparison to my waist and height. I don't knowwwww! Please help :/
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    mine do that too, i think it comes from where my pants sit.
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    Erm, isn't it just the way the flesh naturally falls over the skeleton? Goes in at the waist, out at the pelvis, in again slightly just before the legs start???

14816W.jpg
  • kelsiehoagland
    kelsiehoagland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have this a little bit on one side; when I was younger (15-ish) my doctor told me it was due to scoliosis (I have a very minor case of it). It's where the spine curves in a way it shouldn't, and they told me it caused fat to distribute oddly on the side it leans more toward. It's definitely lessened since then (I've lost 35 pounds since I was 15, haha), so I wouldn't worry too much about it. (:

I actually have scoliosis too. My spine was curved to 85 degrees so I had to have a spinal fusion, one side is bigger than the other (this picture is the bigger side) so it's good to know that others with scoliosis have this problem (:
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think its the area where your hip front is! Keep it up!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell in that picture... can't really get a perspective on it.

But seeing how little you weigh, it could be your hipbone, and gaining more lean muscle mass might be the answer. My hips and thighs are smoother now that I weigh more and have more muscle than when I was young and 105 lbs.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Its very natural.....its just the way the body is shaped, look at the skeleton and that would help you to understand...
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LOL can we trade? You'd puke if you saw what I looked like in that region. :sad:
  • kelsiehoagland
    kelsiehoagland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'll post a better picture later in my photos I suppose. It's just so hard to see unless I'm nude. If I'm wearing clothes it's either covered up nicely or just looks like my clothes are fitting too tight. Thanks so much for all the answers so far, you guys are making me feel a lot better about this weirdness haha (: