Running App?

Options
I need an app that will map out a 4 mile run for me around my neighborhood. I just moved and I'm not familiar much with the area. It would take me forever to find a 4 mile route.

Replies

• filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Mapmyrun used to have routes submitted by other users. Been a few years since I've been to that site. Don't know if it still does.

You can always just go two miles out, two miles back until you get a good feel for your new neighborhood.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun, or, I've been using runkeeper recently, when I'm not just mapping by running with my Garmin. Runkeeper is good.
  • sarahearra
    sarahearra Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If I want a new route, I usually map it out in the desktop version of Google Maps and then just attempt to remember it while I run. Studying the map to memorize the route will be a good way to learn your neighborhood too. While I run, I use Nike Run which will call out distances in up to .25 mile intervals.
  • Hallie82
    Hallie82 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and it will give audio cues as to how long you've ran so like a PP said run two out and two back based on when it tells you it's been two miles.
  • bnmoyler
    bnmoyler Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+ and its awesome
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I like Mapmyrun. It helped me figure out a 5 mile loop in the Fiance's neighborhood back when he was the Boyfriend, and the GPS has been pretty reliable for me.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I use strava

It has a route builder and you can set it to tell you announcements with your distance and pace from mile to mile or half mile to half mile
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I use Mapmyrun, on the computer I can plan out a measured route and then I memorise it. I use the Mapmyrun app on my phone to track me whilst I am doing it, though on the app there isn't a way to mark out a route first, you can only do that on the computer. There are routes on there that other people have done too to give you some ideas.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've found nothing better than http://www.gmap-pedometer.com for pre planning a route. It's not 100% accurate but is pretty close.