Looking for Spaghetti Squash Recipes

Options
beccapotvin
beccapotvin Posts: 10 Member
Does anybody have any suggestions? Preferably low-cal!

Replies

• 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Today I ate spaghetti squash and tuna, love it! I grew up on "tuna Mac" & it's one of the things I miss about food.
  • beccapotvin
    beccapotvin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I thought about adding chicken, but I didn't even think of adding fish-Sounds really good!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I do ground turkey meatsauce :)
  • bachcm67
    bachcm67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://pin.it/sFlYtd2
    I thought you'd like this Pin on Pinterest...
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash with a pat of real butter and freshly grated imported Parmesan cheese with a dash of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I'm having it tonight mixed with pesto and sun dried tomatoes.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm having it tonight mixed with pesto and sun dried tomatoes.

Queen, that sounds amazing. I must try that. Heck my husband loves sun dried tomatoes but not so much squash so maybe this will help bring him around!
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I make spaghetti squash chicken parm it is SO good I just bake thin chicken with Italian seasoning then place on top of the spaghetti squash with sauce & some 2% mozzarella & put back in the oven for 5 mins just enough to melt the cheese
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had it for lunch twice this week. (Im a meal prepper) I did tomato, basil, garlic, mushrooms, ground turkey and sprinkle of parm.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/low-carb-caprese-pasta-bake-with-chicken-sausage

Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein http://www.mastercook.com/app/recipe/WebRecipeDetails?recipeId=2130976

Both were hits with my kids. They said the chow mein was better than panda
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Not the lowest calorie spaghetti squash recipe but delicious. I just made it for dinner tonight. tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/recipe/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-spaghetti-squash

This one is good too. All veggies so lower in calories. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/10/asian-spaghetti-squash.html
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I am making tonight cubed butternut squash saute with onions, mushrooms and zucchini, in olive oil. I just microwave the squash for a 60 or 90 seconds so it will cook faster and then I add it to the rest of the vegetables. I probably add about 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes with onions and basil too and then I add my own spices. A bunch of vegetables in one dish and very tasty and filling.
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    These all sound so good !
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    How do you guys track it if you cook it whole? You can't really weigh it raw, unless it's cubed and that seems like a pain
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I buy it already cubed (thank you Costco!!) so I weight about 200 grams - 100 grams per person- and I usually oven roast it what a little bit of olive oil or I microwave it for few minutes. Today it was pan roasted with the other veggies.
    I do buy a whole piece in the market once in awhile that it is already cut, so I just oven roast it or cook it in the microwave, and after it is cooked I cut it in half and share with my husband. I weigh it before cooking.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    On my meal plan this week I have pad thai, but I'm substituting spaghetti squash for the rice noodles.

This is the best recipe I've found online for pad thai. Since squash doesn't stick like rice noodles do, you can use WAAAAY less oil.

http://shesimmers.com/2011/11/pad-thai-recipe-part-five-making-pad.html

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I use a cream cheese and butter and spinach.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I made this a few weeks ago and it was really good!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/spaghetti-squash-primavera.html

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    How do you guys track it if you cook it whole? You can't really weigh it raw, unless it's cubed and that seems like a pain[/quote

Once it is cooked you still have to cut it and remove the seeds, unless you do that before you cook it. Also you have to scrape the meat out of the husk, then you can weigh just the edible yield. There is also a way to estimate weight lost from cooking, it is boring and the worst part of my job.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I cut mine in half, scoop out the seeds (which I roast just like pumpkin seeds) and weigh each half. Then I roast, cut side down for about 45 minutes at 375. When I scoop it out of the rind I weigh it again and subtract the rind out. This gives me a more accurate count.

I like mine with a poached egg, spinach and parmesan on top.