Building wide treat day

Options
Tomorrow is our work's building wide treat day for St paddy's day, wonder how many lbs you can gain in one day.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to eat enough treats for the entire building?! You likely won't eat enough to gain any - if you do I'm pretty impressed - but you might have some water weight depending on the treats. I try and limit myself to only the best treats and skip the stuff that just isn't worth the calories.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It's up to you to decide if you're going to go off your plan, or by how much. :wink:
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat any of it.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    What food is served on this day?

My best binge day at an all you can eat place only gave me 1.1 lbs. the next day.
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »

True, but I only have 8 lbs to go so I want to live a little
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Then when you go to check it out, make sure you get the good stuff. Don't settle for something ordinary. :lol:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    1 lbs = 3500 calories over your tdee so that's a lot of treats
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Then when you go to check it out, make sure you get the good stuff. Don't settle for something ordinary. :lol:

Yep! If you're going to indulge, do it right!
  • chuckyjean
    Options

So why when I eat at Culvers I gain an entire pound, way less than 3500 calories
    I'm sure it is just wager weight though cause I lise it the next day
  • chuckyjean
    Options
    What food is served on this day?

My best binge day at an all you can eat place only gave me 1.1 lbs. the next day.

Whatever people bring in. Mostly junk food stuff, cheese, cookies, cakes, breads, muffins. Our building has over a hundred workers so their will be variety
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    chuckyjean wrote: »

So why when I eat at Culvers I gain an entire pound, way less than 3500 calories

Weight gain does not mean fat gain. Yes, if you gain and lose quickly, it was water weight. I have no idea what Culvers is, but if it is a restaurant, high sodium is the likely culprit.
  • chuckyjean
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »

Weight gain does not mean fat gain. Yes, if you gain and lose quickly, it was water weight. I have no idea what Culvers is, but if it is a restaurant, high sodium is the likely culprit.

You don't know what Culver's is? Then u are missing the best butterburgers ever.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

You don't know what Culver's is? Then u are missing the best butterburgers ever.

I don't know what it is either, but I feel like I need butterburgers in my life.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »

This.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've had Culver's. Was not impressed but to each her own.

My work is having a big potluck lunch today too. I'm not participating though. I had an event last night that I opted to spend the calories on rather than today.
  • chuckyjean
    Options
    Well I only gained a lb, not to bad for eating garbage food all day. I'm sure it's all water weight and will off in a few days. Now back to healthy eating.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Culver's burgers are just like steak and shake burgers but not as good. I do like Culver's chicken tenders though.
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Whenever I think of Culvers, all I think is
    Cheeeeesecuuurrrrdddssss
  • chuckyjean
    Options
    Culver's burgers are just like steak and shake burgers but not as good. I do like Culver's chicken tenders though.

There are no steak and shakes in WI
    However I have been to one in some state in my travels.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

It's a fast food restaurant (noted for burgers and custard) that is a step up in quality from your typical McDonald's/DQ/BK etc. It's local to the Midwest and Texas.

It's not gonna win a Michelin star or anything, but for a quick and tasty bite to eat, it's a great option.