Jillian Michaels DVDs

Options
Hello!! i am currently half way through the 30 Day Shred. i have purchased 6 week 6 pack.. and was wondering what everyone's favorite JM dvd is? which have given the best results? which wouldn't you recomend?

thanks!!

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    would like to know this as well...
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Love the shred! My favorite though is probably No More Trouble Zones. I have almost all her videos. Shred It with Weights is fun too - love using kettlebells.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i like the 30DS, 6 week 6 pakc, no more trouble zones too also cardio kickboxing. i have like 6 of her DVDs, i love them all lol
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    I love all of them, I have pretty much all of her DVDs...6wk 6pk Abs produced amazing results for me. I can now see the start of a 6pk after completely the whole thing. I'm repeating 30 Day Shred right now, then going to repeat Ripped in 30 (whichI LOVE) then I plan to incorporate 6wk ABS into my routine again, it's a seriously killer AB workout!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've only done two, 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I really liked both, but I do wish that she wasn't promoting doing the exact same workout consecutively for such a long time. I found that after about 4 days, my body (and mind) were just sick of the same old thing. Ideally, I believe that every other day works great and throw in some cardio on the days you don't work out with Jillian. Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is a natural progression (IMHO) after the Shred. Hope this was helpful!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    30 day Shred...if I don't have much time, other wise I like No more trouble zones best!!
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    The only one I have is Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, but I love it! It's great for days when I'm feeling lazy and get my butt out the door to the gym. I think if I did it more than once a week or so I would get bored of it though, but its a nice way to mix things up. I burn over 500 calories doing the whole thing!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well I have only completed 30 Day Shred. Took me a couple tries to actually finish it out but I did do it. I am currently doing Ripped in 30 and I am on week 3 day 3. It's rough but a lot of fun. The only thing I have to complain about is Jillian Michaels....she is so annoying and she gets on my nerves. LOL But I throuroughly enjoy the workouts. Next I am wanting to get 6 week 6 pack.
  • CynGetsThin
    Options
    I have JM's Yoga Meltdown DVD as well as 30 Day Shred. I definitely like 30 Day Shred better. The Yoga's too boot-camp like for my liking and doesn't incorporate relaxation/breathing techniques well. Hope that helps!
  • Xandralexa
    Xandralexa Posts: 87
    Options
    I also have the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism dvd. I've had it for a year now and I do several workouts ever.
    I do the workouts about 3 times a week. I would like to get another one, but I've seen good results with it & I haven't got tired of it.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    I did 30DS in May and really liked it. I then bought Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I like the cardio workout from that but felt I was losing some of the upper muscle tone I had gained during 30DS so I have begun to include that again a few times a week. I borrowed No More Trouble Zones from the library and did it last night for the first time. I liked it so much that I have ordered it online.

Is 6 week 6 pack straight cardio or does it include strength training too? What percentage of the workout is abs work?
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS and Ripped In 30 and I find Ripped in 30 a bit more challenging but both are great. I used 30DS to get back into working out and then when I started RI30 I incorporated some running and cardio kickboxing. Last night I went to a real kickboxing class and was able to do 65 pushups ON MY TOES!!! No knees!!!! I fully attribute this to Jillian and all the push ups and especially the plank moves. It's great for building muscle but it takes about 3-4 weeks of it to actually start to 'FEEL' strong. Good luck!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Is 6 week 6 pack straight cardio or does it include strength training too? What percentage of the workout is abs work?

Pretty much the only cardio in L1 is 3 HIIT. L2 is a bit more cardio but all focused on abs. Even the warm up is designed to sculpt abs! Most of the moves include weights also.