Will this ruin my weight? 3 days of 2500 plus calories

Options
I had lots of junk these three days will I gain weight from over 2500 cal a day?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    No more than a pound, shouldn't ruin it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your TDEE is.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How much over 2500?
  • Racheldasilva174
    Racheldasilva174 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    How much over 2500?

A little bit over like maybe 100-150 cal
  • Racheldasilva174
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Depends on what your TDEE is.
    1700 cal
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    if you ate that much for a few days it is likely you gained some weight, not a lot, but some.
  • ritzbits190
    ritzbits190 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just had this situation. I ate around that much Friday Saturday and Sunday. Then Monday Tuesday and Wednesday I was back at eating my goal and I ended up maintaining for the week. I was shocked cause I felt so nasty by Sunday night from all the calories. So eat at goal for 3-4 days and then weigh yourself. Damage won't be as bad if any.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    It's a catastrophe. You'll be super-morbidly obese by next Tuesday.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is 1700 and you've eaten about 2700 a day for three days, that's a surplus of 1k a day = 3k calories over. That's not a pound yet, but close to. It won't ruin anything really. You'll gain a tad, but it'll even out
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    a few days eating over TDEE with do nothing more than perhaps help you gain 1lb (e.g thats if you ate over and above your cals by 3500 cals in those few days).... just get back on track again and all will be well :smile:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »

+1 for sarcasm.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Weight is a forever changing thing. Some weeks you'll gain, some weeks you'll lose, sometimes you'll stay the same. Having a few higher calorie days, even if you gain weight, are not going to drastically alter your overall weight loss or goals.

It's unrealistic to think that you will never have days or weeks that you overeat. It's about having more good than bad, and I use the term "bad" loosely because I don't think it's a negative thing to indulge sometimes.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I knew this was your thread as soon as I saw the title Rachel. Here we go again... Previously you have been advised to speak to someone about your fears. I can only repeat that because you definitely already know the answer to your question.
  • Racheldasilva174
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    I'm afraid I knew this was your thread as soon as I saw the title Rachel. Here we go again... Previously you have been advised to speak to someone about your fears. I can only repeat that because you definitely already know the answer to your question.

if i did i would not ask this question. but thanks for the input
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I had lots of junk these three days will I gain weight from over 2500 cal a day?

It does not include junk but I maintain at 2500 calories daily but I am an old man that does not move well.

@Racheldasilva174 hang in there. :)
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    OP you've asked variations of this many times over the last few months. You've been referred to the stickies, CICO has been explained, it's been explained that although nutrition is important, it's the no of calories and not what you actually eat that decides whether you gain/lose. Many people have tried to help you.

If you really are still unsure, I suggest that you visit the stickies again and educate yourself. It will help you to understand the process better and should stop you stressing so often.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »

Ok. That cracked me up! Thanks for the reality check!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,808 Member
    Options
    Just go back to your healthy routine, you'll be fine. Illustrative story:

On a trip last weekend, I ate about 5,000 extra calories (i.e., 5,000 more than my estimated maintenance calories). I'm kinda little. I'm slowly increasing calories to find my maintenance level right now, and have still been losing verrrrry slowly on 1700 net.

On Friday morning, pre-trip, I weighed 118.8. Then I ate at my maintenance and beyond, with the 3-day excess totalling around 5,000 calories above maintenance, on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Cookies! Beer! Wine! Cheese! Nuts! Chips! Italian food (ravioli with sauce and a sea of melty cheese)! McDonalds!

I stood up for a good share of Saturday/Sunday, instead of being sedentary like usual, and walked a little, but no major vigor, but spent around 24 hours total riding in a car. At home on Monday morning, I weighed 120.6, Tuesday 120.4 (no unusual activities, worked out, ate 1700 net, like usual, both days). Wednesday, 118.4, a new low. (Time to raise the daily calorie goal again.)

Yup, gained some seeerious weight from that weekend blow-out.

IME, you'll be fine.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    Weight is a forever changing thing. Some weeks you'll gain, some weeks you'll lose, sometimes you'll stay the same. Having a few higher calorie days, even if you gain weight, are not going to drastically alter your overall weight loss or goals.

It's unrealistic to think that you will never have days or weeks that you overeat. It's about having more good than bad, and I use the term "bad" loosely because I don't think it's a negative thing to indulge sometimes.

yup, life happens..sometimes you eat a lot more for a while sometimes you are "on mfp track"

its all good OP