Former WW member

And not so new to using mfp, but new to participation on boards. In 2010 I began WW. By 2012, I was at goal weight (200 lb loss), running often and feeling great. Then, I just stopped. Literally just stopped moving and eating right. Gained majority of my weight back. Off and on since then, but more on now that previously. I know how to eat right. For me, this is more mental than physical. I've got a lot of history that sometimes beats me down. But I feel more deliberate now. I plan to train my brain, and my brain will train my body.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    That, training your brain, is a life-long endeavor, and I wish you well in it. Use MFP correctly, log everything, lose weight. You know the drill. Keep using MFP when you reach goal. Don't stop using MFP.
  • tracymayhall
    tracymayhall Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you for the support! It is life-long and it must be daily.
  • sallyd837
    sallyd837 Posts: 43 Member
    Hey. Im the same. Done both lost and gained through bad mind signals. I know what to do and how to do it. Just gotta stay motivated and on track
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    DITTO DITTO DITTO!!! I am in the process of training the brain and it's working really well. I HAVE to plan and prepare or I will end up eating the wrong thing because time during the week for me is so very limited! I find if I only have a half an hour for dinner and have nothing pre-made, I WILL find myself in a drive thru eating on the road. The one thing I have been successful with is making time for my workouts. I have NEVER reached goal, so kudos on that and you are here so you have not QUIT!
  • julie_1217
    julie_1217 Posts: 17 Member
    I hear you! I did WW in 2009/2010 when they counted calories/fat/fiber and I did pretty good. I was also working out atleast 1x/day. I wasn't at goal, but I was happy with where I was & my progress. Fast forward to now (trying WW both in person & just online as well as MFP multiple times) and I've bounced back & forth. I know my issue is sticking with in and fitting time in for me. Good luck to you on this journey!
  • tracymayhall
    Thanks to everybody for sharing. It is tough and I always knew it would be a lifetime battle. Just stopped battling for a while. I'm ready to be more deliberate in my process.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    edited March 2016
    Whatever battle you have, someone here has fought it and won.

I just try to stay in the moment. Looking back serves no purpose for me. If I do look back, it's only a glance in the rear view mirror. I don't stare. Don't want to veer off the road and crash.

I think everyone is fighting a battle of the mind. I have to be vigilant about what thoughts I choose to entertain. They are not all welcome guests. Thankfully, I can ask them to leave. :)
  • maristar47
    maristar47 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm new(well, tried this for a few weeks a year or so ago, but never really "got" it). I also did WW, probably 3-4 times in my life, in addition to Jenny Craig, Nutra System, Weight loss Clinic, Atkins, etc.....I TOTALLY agree with the "stinkin thinkin"!! I've been working on my attitude, and positive thinking for about a year now, so I'm really hoping my training in that will carry over to my FINAL weight loss goals! I was wondering about something with this app-why don't they have a place to track water???? That is SO important!!
  • tracymayhall
    I have seen a water tracker at the very bottom of the diary food tracker. Thanks for sharing everyone. It's very supportive information.