Brand New

Options
Hi everyone! I am excited to see how well I can stick to my diets and meet my goals having access to such an amazing site.

Just a little info about me, I am 26 years old, and when I was 23 I was diagnosed with PCOS. Because of that I am inherently an insulin resistant individual, and because of hormones I have a VERY hard time losing weight no matter how hard I try. A couple years ago I did a fantastic job of losing weight and looked pretty darn good.

But when I met my now husband, all my habits flew out the window. We began by eating out very frequently, and not being too active at all. I gained back all the weight I had lost, and a little more. :-(

Recently, my hubby and I talked about the possibility of having a child in the next few years. I would LOVE to give my husband a child, but I really need to get healthy before doing so. Losing weight will help me get my condition under control so that we do not have a difficult time having a baby.I made a plan, set a goal, and immediately changed my diet. Within 4 days I lost 3 lbs simply because of the diet change. I am paring that with new workouts. My good friend recommended this site to me, and I had actually downloaded the android app 1 day before she recommended this to me so I could see what MFP offered.

Once I actually signed up and started using the calorie counter in the app, I was BLOWN away! I like how I don't have to constantly look at packaging and guess how many calories I am eating, the app does that for me! And it shows me how many calories I have actually consumed based on how I have worked out for the day. I really like this app! Thank you so much for something that works very well with all lifestyles. I look forward to seeing my progress over the next few months!

Replies

• Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hey there!

I've also been diagnosed with PCOS... so I understand completely what you are saying. I was also amazed with the calories that I was putting in my mouth - no wonder I couldn't lose weight! The food and exercise diary are wonderful and they have made me hold myself accountable for the things I put in my mouth. I'll send you a friend request. :smile:
  • OnlyGodCan
    OnlyGodCan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am seeing a doctor next week becasue I think I have PCOS. I started withthe iPhone app over a year ago but never stuck with it. In the last few weeks I have commited to change and am happy with the direction I am headed.
  • alliecat40
    alliecat40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What is PCOS?
  • TiffyCooper
    Options
    Hi alliecat40,

PCOS is poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. Numerous cysts form on the ovaries and cause hormonal imbalance.
  • tfcutie
    tfcutie Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome & Good Luck :happy: