I think my stomach shut down

Options
Day 9.
I'm at 210#.
3:30 PM here and I've eaten 385 calories for the day.
I'm just not that hungry anymore.

I am moving around a lot today. Lifting weights (30 pound barbells).Cleaning. Moving some furniture. Vacuuming. Partly getting stuff done and partly keeping my metabolism up.
Maybe I just need a wife :)

Okay. That was a joke. Mostly.

Should I force myself to eat more calories? Or just go with the low cal flow?

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    When i burn a lot of calories i am not really hungry either but if you net under 1200 calories a day it will slow down your metabolism and pretty much hurt everything you've done today
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    if you are moving around that much, i would try to eat. nothing heavy if you aren't feeling it, but at least a handful of almonds, or some yogurt...something!
    just in comparison...i have pretty much sat on my butt at work and I've had 800+ calories today!!!!!!!
    EAT!! lol
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it as a daily course of action, but 1 day of it will not slow down anything.

EDIT: 1 day of too low calories will not be detrimental.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I am of the opposite mindset that if you're not hungry, don't eat. I seriously doubt that 1 day of extreme low-cal will send your metabolism spiraling towards an abysmal death. You'll likely want to prepare for a big breakfast tomorrow though. :wink:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    One low cal day is not going to put you into the dreaded 'starvation mode', so going with the flow is up to you, IMO. On the other hand, when I have done a lot of activity and I don't feel like eating, the next day I am crazy hungry and really overdo it. My suggestion would be not to so much force yourself, but do try and have some small amounts of a good quality, just so you don't rebound. Your metabolism and blood sugar will thank you if you try and keep a consistent low burn going on.
  • Revolutionwithin
    Revolutionwithin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just put that as my status. I wrote that it was 3:30 and I've only had 242 calories and I'm not even remotely hungry. I can't even imagine eating anything. I don't get hungry in the summer.at.all.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    When I exercise, I definitely feel less hungry. Weird huh? When your body needs it, you don't want it.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Definitely drink some water. If you can do some snacking, maybe by putting a few bites in your mouth you can eat a small meal.

I firmly believe that a really low cal intake (500 cal ish a day instead of my usual 3000+) one weekend stopped my weight loss 6 years ago.
  • mynameisnutz
    mynameisnutz Posts: 123
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it as a daily course of action, but 1 day of it will not slow down anything.

What? A wife?
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    That happens to me, I'm usually very hungry the next day. Allow yourself some extra calories tomorrow to even it out.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you definitely need to eat more. Maybe once you're done all your running around and settle down for an hour or so, the hunger will kick in. My hubby is like that - he'll eat some breakfast the go almost all day without eating when he's busy with chores and such, then all of a sudden he's ravenous at dinner. There's no way I could do that! I can go for maybe 5 or 6 hours but my blood sugar is bound to drop and once that happens, I'm no good to anyone until I get more food.

Don't force it but maybe try to have a peanut butter sandwich or something like that...
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Don't force it but maybe try to have a peanut butter sandwich or something like that...

I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm already feeling full, peanut butter is probably the last thing I'd want to eat. People tend to eat peanut butter to fill them up when they're having a craving or hungry.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I find that if I do not net at least 1200 calories, I am ravenous the next day.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    go with the flow, unless it persist for a couple days. My advice (which is worth a cup of coffee) is never eat if you're not hungry. Again unless it goes a couple days, then see your doctor.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    why do I never have the problem of not eating enough lol
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am sure it's not the popular opinion but I don't eat when I am not hungry. I don't see any point in it. I really belive in listening to what your body is telling you. I do agree if it goes on for more than a couple of days that then you should add some calories in there to try to stimulate your appetite but it can be as simple as when you do eat, double up on some protein etc so that you don't feel you are eating whole meals that you don't even want.