HI ALL, Trying to keep account of everything...need motivat

Options
Hi Everyone,

I started my account over a month ago and then didn't stick with it and ended up gaining weight. Now I want to get back on track by accounting for everything. Sometimes I don't even realize how much I eat. Hopefully I can find some friends through this cite and the msg boards to help get me motivated.

Good luck to everyone,

Steph :smile:

Replies

• bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome (: I did the same thing a little while ago and a few days ago I decided to stick to it and so far this has helped me!
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    Welcome back. Not realizing how much you are eating is easy, but you are ready to start again. Stick with it and good luck. My best friend drags me out almost everyday to walk the dogs. Which is a second workout for me but it gives me more calories to work with. Have fun and stick with it. I have lost 29 pounds in the last 4 months and have made some great changes, you can do the same. If you need a friend add me.
  • amanda55124
    Options
    Hello! I just joined yesterday and so far I enjoy this site. No commitment, costs, or pressure. I have tried Weight Watchers and other sites and this is my fave! I am trying to lose around 20-25 pds myself and really want more energy :) I tend not to eat enough and believe it it doesn't work and I stay at my plateau. ANyways, if you need some help, motivation or just someone to reply to, I am here in the same boat :smile:
  • 0shannon0
    0shannon0 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good Luck!!
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey there!

One thing I've learned is that no one FEELS like exercising or eating healthy all the time; not even fit people. The thing that gets me through moments of having no motivation: "Just do it."

Hopefully this strikes a chord. It's helping me with getting things done, and it's also leading me to change my attitude about this lifestyle change (from couch potatoe to fit person).

P.S. I'm the same way about food! Have you considered starting a food diary? Just a list of what you usually eat so you can see what you can change or keep the same? How many calories, etc ~ Just a thought :) Good luck!
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    I have lost 29 pounds in the last 4 months and have made some great changes, you can do the same.

That's incredible! Congrats! And good luck on future successes! :happy:
  • latonyare
    latonyare Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome back, I did something similar, I stayed gone for over 6 months, so now that we have had our break letsgone down onthe pounds:laugh: Good luck........and we can do it together
  • Steph_Smu
    Steph_Smu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the motivational messages it is great to know that people are out there. I think the food diary will help so I know what I eat and what exercise helps the most.

:flowerforyou:
  • JodyWittman
    Options
    Oh, I know that feeling. What helps me most is having this app on my phone. I've tried keeping a food diary, but I found it too tedious. With my phone, though, I already carry it everywhere, and it does pretty much all of the work. If you have a smart phone, my best advice is to GET THIS APP, and put in your entries as soon as you eat. Having it shown to you as you eat really helps you be more conscious of how much you're actually eating during the day, and you don't have to remember it all later.