gained weight, saw old photos today

Options
I have not realized how different I look since I gained around 25 pounds until I saw photos of myself this weekend! In addition I found an old computer and see all of these pics of myself as I used to be. Part of me is so sad because in those photos I felt so fat (but I was quite slender) and another part of me is so depressed that I let myself go.

Trying to get back in control of my life for ME, for the right reasons. Feeling very down and unmotivated, in addition I over ate today (ate 1885, trying to stick to under 1500) and am just feeling lost.

Replies

• amb3rj0y
    amb3rj0y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I am 5'1" and am 182 lbs currently (highest was 200lbs) When I was 140 lbs I felt like the fattest person on the planet! Now I would do anything to be that weight again, especially when I stumble upon old pictures. 200 lbs was my wake up call, you just need to find your motivation :) And atleast you are realizing it now, only 25 lbs gained. It took me 60 lbs gained to realize I REALLY need to take control of my life!
  • freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Down be to hard on yourself. You should feel proud that you've made the decision to make a few changes, that's the first step in a healthier you. Start by putting your details into mfp to get your calorie goal, don't be over the top with how much you would like to aim to lose per week. Losing slower is better for you but also will help you keep long lasting changes that you've made that can help you keep it off.
    Just start out by logging all of the food you eat and anything you drink and you'll very quickly see that by just changing a few things you can start getting closer and closer to your calorie goal. The first big thing I realised that by cutting out the softdrinks and ciders then I would'nt have to cut my food back so much. I think I would've thrown in the towel if I had just started one day saying "from today I'll stick to my calorie goals" because I was over a fair bit. Instead I just decided to start logging to see what my calorie intake was and then over a few weeks/months started tweaking my food here and there to make it easier for me. Like I said the drinks was a shock to me. Somedays I go over and somedays I'm under and somedays (mostly weekends) I go way over but if this happens you just go ah well as long as I don't do this everyday and work harder for the next few days to stick to my goal then it'll be ok.

Sorry if I've rambled, I think I got a little lost in the moment Haha.
    Also I'm by no means a professional and probably have no idea what I'm talking about :smile: just sharing with you what has worked for me.

Good luck on you journey to a healthier you :smiley: