Crossfit anyone??

Options

Replies

• elizabethgough
    elizabethgough Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I started CF about two months ago. I am in my last semester of grad school (and am not super regular about going) so I am not yet seeing huge results but I know once I have more time and am able to commit more fully to CF that I will see results a lot faster. So far I really like CF, it is really challenging both mentally and physically, it is different than anything else I have done!
  • debbier4948
    debbier4948 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @elizabethgough keep at it, you will definitely see results
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    love crossfit. Has increased the amount of people that come to physical therapy!

That was a big problem when CF first started. Too many people who are clueless opened CF gyms. Doing wild exercises with no form. People got hurt.

Even today there are a number of CF workouts that have some questionable moves in them. Find a very reputable gym that does CF. Give it a try. I used CF type workouts outdoors and obstacle work to prep for an OCR. It was fun and different from my other workouts. I was burning about 1,000 cals/hour doing the outdoor stuff. That's more than any workout I do. CF boasts that it has functional fitness over other programs. I see it but it's not the only way to get functional fitness.
  • fifijoaney
    fifijoaney Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've just started crossfit. Got my second session tomorrow. Loved the first one and hope it becomes part of my exercise routine. Add me if u like.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Yeah so am I.. Have you seen big results? @sllm1

I started way below average in the strength category - not sure why. I have worked my way up. I still feel way behind in strength, but have made huge improvements. My endurance is through the roof though, so at least I have that going for me. :)

I have lost body fat and my muscles look much more defined. I'm eating at a small calorie deficit and aim for at least 25% of calories from protein. I look like I should be good at CrossFit and very strong, but I'm not there yet. Somehow I got the body first and the strength is coming along slowly. I attribute this to having my nutrition in check with MFP.

I'm in the best shape I've been in since I was a teen. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm 43, and it will take time to get where I want to be. I work out with many people who are much younger than me. I forget my age, but I guess that's a good thing.
  • Pittshkr_
    Pittshkr_ Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTauRJfE9YFkR-STVb9EoHjG5itIJ1rbM7H_KaEHFVDC1dzwcMX0g
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

looks like you never tried it

And cross fitters wonder why everyone thinks they are douchey!?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2602-1409098228-5.gif
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

So everyone that's tried crossfit loves it? Okay...
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

I've never been part of a cult either, but I have no interest in trying it. ;)
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Looks like you've tried a shillelagh or two.
  • Pittshkr_
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Let me guess, never actually tried it?
    Who cares if she has not tried it? Is it affecting your life? Exercising is a lot like the ol saying of "everyone sins differently". We all exercise differently. Personally I hope everyone is active in a way that makes THEM happy.
  • CrossfitOCRunner
    CrossfitOCRunner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been doing CrossFit for over 3 years now. Let's GO!!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    lyxw.gif

Of course, all the time.
  • Pittshkr_
    Options
    quadgasm wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Who cares if she has not tried it? Is it affecting your life? Exercising is a lot like the ol saying of "everyone sins differently". We all exercise differently. Personally I hope everyone is active in a way that makes THEM happy.

tumblr_mjw55qFmih1rxevt4o1_.gif
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I started Cross Fit about 6 months ago. I had historically done a lot of running/elliptical and it just wasn't getting me the results. I have to do a lot of modifications, but love my Box and the coaches. My results have been slow, but steady. I'm a bit older than most at my gym, but don't compare myself to them, just keep plugging along and feel I am stronger. Will send you a friend request. Anyone else please feel free to friend me.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    quadgasm wrote: »
    giphy.gif

That was precisely my point. I think people should try a lot of different ways of working out. You never know what you might like. Keeping a closed mind about trying any form of exercise whether it's crossfit, yoga or prancercize is what I'd hope people avoid.