Ladies what do you do differently during TOM?

Options
All I wanna do is eat chocolate, cheese, and carbs and not work out at all and be lazy. I try to work some of those foods into my calories for the day and I force myself to work out anyway.

What about you?

Replies

• tchaubela
    tchaubela Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking lots of green tea and water and putting lemon in and on everything and I've noticed that really helps get the water weight off. I'm lazy all the time so nothing has changed there lol.
  • Thatonechickoverthere
    Thatonechickoverthere Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like green tea too I started to drink it when I started losing weight I think it helps me sometimes lol. And yeah I've always been lazy but sometimes going for walks can be addicting.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's my British upbringing but I agree tea is amazing!! and there seems to be quite the variety these days, for whatever ails you. I bet you could go to the grocery store or online & there's a tea for TOM ; )
    I tend to feel the same way as you!! (y is chocolate & cheese such an amazing combo?!) So what I do is switch over to chocolate flavor protein powder for healthy smoothies & use lots of cacao. "They" say dark chocolate is actually good for you in small portions so start nibbling!
    As far as cheese & carbs, I have yet to figure that one out myself. So, you'll have to let me know what you find! Other than that just honor your body & if you want to take it easy for a day or 2 that's ok. Go for a walk instead of a run, try out a yoga class, or call up an old friend burn calories & work on your abs as you laugh your *kitten* off reminiscing. Hope this helps! Btw I'm new here & would love to make some friends for motivation & support.
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I plan for cheesecake, popcorn and fudgsicles.
    I also eat more protein and drink lots of water and green tea.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water, and tea...I really like Yogi Kava Stress Relief Tea for that time of the month! As for sweets, cheese, and carbs...I make it fit! I always crave peppermint patties, so I buy the mini ones and have one or two. That usually satisfies my cravings. I also do yoga which really helps with my discomfort. :)
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I drink yogi moon cycle tea.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Ladies what do you do differently during TOM?

Not a thing.

Well ... the usual stuff, of course, dealing with the flood, making hot water bottles, etc. ... but no changes to diet or exercise.

• amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance for the week. No damage done :)
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I buy a bag of Hershey's Bliss Dark Chocolate, eat a lot of red meat, consume copious amounts of ibuprofen and water, and spend way more time sleeping. (I don't eat over my calorie goal, though.)

I usually exercise less, too. It depends on how bearable the cramping is (not stomach cramping--that other cramping) and how heavy the flow is.

:/
  • Dleena
    Dleena Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Drinking loads of tea ! And eating what i crave in moderation.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Extra wine.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Curl up with a heating pad and a bottle of ibuprofen. I actually don't get food cravings too often, and when I do it's for salty things.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I eat more chocolate.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I do post-menopause! Hey, there has to be some kind of perk to all the hot flashes (gone now) and weird weight gain.... Sorry, ladies! I do remember (not fondly) going through all of that. It is actually better on the other side of the "hill"!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Keep chocolate on standby!
    Seriously,
    Yeah, lol seriously
    Oh and lots, and lots of water. As much as I hate it because I'm so sluggish, I do workout, then I get to go home and take a hot shower, which feels soooooooooo good!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    GYATagain wrote: »
    I do post-menopause! Hey, there has to be some kind of perk to all the hot flashes (gone now) and weird weight gain.... Sorry, ladies! I do remember (not fondly) going through all of that. It is actually better on the other side of the "hill"!

That's good to hear because someone keeps making the hill steeper and it makes it harder to push Tom up it! XD
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wear older panties but other than that nothing different. You gain a pound or two from water weight but as for the hunger, when am I not hungry? Just keep eating like you're supposed to eat.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate and salty fatty, carbs! and workout!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing menopause so no more of this crap thank goodness.

But what I used to do was increase my carb intake for those miserable 10 days before hand. I'd still stay within calories but really overdo the carbs. Like eat nothing but carbs. It kept me sane, really, and worked fairly well for me, some times better than others.
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Suffer in silence