New to MFP - It really works!

Options
triciap79
triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
Hello Everyone,

I'm semi-new to MFP. Been here for almost a month. I've been kinda hiding in the shadows waiting to see results. I have to say that nothing else has ever worked for me as well as MFP has. I can't believe that I have already lost 11.8 lbs. Any and all advise and support is welcomed. I look forward to a healthier life style, a smaller waist line and new friends with simillar goals.

Replies

• EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic and I'm really encouraged to know it works so quickly!! I love your pic!!! So welcome and enjoy :)
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Tricia -

I'm 30 days today, and 8 lbs down. I can't believe it. I could do weight watchers for 6 months & pay all that money & not lose 8 lbs. I have never been able to stick to anything like I have this. I have several mini goals, but I'm confident I will surpass them. Even my husband is getting inspired & is starting to eat healthier too!
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    congratulations and well done!!!
    such a good feeling isnt it
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congrats and yes it really works!!!
  • DeidreDup
    DeidreDup Posts: 15
    Options
    Yup, it really does work! Of course it all starts in your mind... getting past the "diet" stage, and realizing that dieting really doesn't work. It all starts with changing our lives for the better. And, that's where My Fitness Pal comes in... it teaches us about food portions... and planning what we will eat for the day, just like you'll plan your monthly expenses.... It teaches us to become responsible about what we eat.

I've realized that NO ONE can give you an eating plan... cause eating plans are what makes us fall. We are human, and eating plans doesn't always work with the lifestyles we live... and it effects our social life... it ends up just making you depressed. My Fitness Pal gives us the opportunity to basically eat anything we want... but to do it responsibly and to plan.

I love it! Welcome aboard!

Feel free to add me as a friend, so we can support each other on our life changing journeys
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Yes! It is a wonderful feeling to see that the effort I'm putting in is really working. So far I am setting very small realistic goals for myself. My goal is 10lbs. After that 10lbs. Even though I have not lost a ton, I feel like I have more energy. My co-worker and I have started walking (2-15min breaks and 30mins on lunch) and it has really made a difference over the last couple of weeks.