Lost over a stone but last 2 weeks no loss. Need to adjust food type

Options
Hello all
Hope you are well.

So my diet and training began 8 weeks ago and after much hard work and dieting I have lost just over a stone.

The last two weeks the diet has not been as strict as previously and I guess that shows as no further loss has occurred, though training is still pretty intense.

I'm looking for alternative foods so I don't get bored of my meals and begin to fall foul of the diet again.

Any suggestions for light alternative (breakfast, lunch and dinner)...the spicy the better !

Thanks all.
X

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,197 Member
    Options
    Go to your grocery store.

Walk up and down the aisles and look at everything. Pick stuff up and read the labels. This might take several trips ... there's a lot of stuff in grocery stores.

Find great tasting, low calorie food.

That worked for me!
  • therealhyper
    therealhyper Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Go to your grocery store.

Walk up and down the aisles and look at everything. Pick stuff up and read the labels. This might take several trips ... there's a lot of stuff in grocery stores.

Find great tasting, low calorie food.

That worked for me!

OK will try this....may burn a few more calls with that walking too !
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I went 3 weeks without any losses showing and then BAM I had lose 2 lbs. Dont get discouraged!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Don't quit what you're doing, look up the whoosh effect on here. So many people report no changes to their diet, but suddenly no losses! Then bam weeks later they seem to drop several pounds seemingly over night. Be patient with the process, it is indeed a "process" with multiple complications and steps the body needs to work through. Give it time.
  • therealhyper
    therealhyper Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    Don't quit what you're doing, look up the whoosh effect on here. So many people report no changes to their diet, but suddenly no losses! Then bam weeks later they seem to drop several pounds seemingly over night. Be patient with the process, it is indeed a "process" with multiple complications and steps the body needs to work through. Give it time.

Thanks for the kind words.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A stone is fantastic!
    I've discovered that having a few 'go to meals' is handy and then when I've got the time or energy I mix it up with low cal reciepes. Or even sneak in 'normal' foods if they fit in the cal allowance

I also found that foods that I used to find boring are actually pretty tasty especially if they are filling options. Particularly jacket potato with cottage cheese, low fat coleslaw or tinned low fat chilli