Atkins 40

Options
Is anyone doing thia? I was thinking about going low carb....

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Me but induction is harsh
  • aubaby
    aubaby Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just starting looking at it today. With the Atkins 40, there is no induction. I read it is for those that want to lose 40 pounds or less and I only want to lose around 20 pounds. I am going to try it. Just bought the new book. I am looking for others that are on Atkins 40 that want to become fitness pals and support each other. Let me know if you are interested.
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am starting Atkins 40 too! Sounds great
  • JennylovesKarl
    JennylovesKarl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started Saturday... I've lost 3.5 pounds already. Was using the Atkins app, but instead just switched my macros on here. It isn't perfect, but it's close (33 carbs). I have my hubby doing it, too. Made "chocolate" last night with coconut oil, butter, salt, and cocoa. Lol!
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just started the plan myself! Just wondering how that was going for you all!
  • pmlh46
    pmlh46 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing this. Maybe now is the right time since so many of you are getting started. I'll have to check out their website to refresh my memory on how it works. From previous tracking experience, I prefer MFP to the Atkins site.
  • makinganeffort
    makinganeffort Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have done Atkins before and it definitely worked. Looking to start again
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I did Atkins for about 30 pounds - WW for about 20 pounds - and MFP for the last 25 pounds. All worked.

Atkins and WW were OK for a while - but they both exclude or greatly limit things (Atkins=carbs and WW=fat)- hence why they are called a diet - and I don't think I could do them more than a month or two - tops.

MFP is "diet and exercise" (it'll never catch on - lol) - but it is sustainable for a lifetime IMHO as no food type/group is excluded.
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am also committing to low carb starting today for 20lbs.. then I will reassess how i feel, if I will keep carbs low or increase a little.. hoping to stay between 20 to 30 carbs a day.