Full Time Working, Full Time Mom

Options
I am the highest weight I've ever been in my life, I don't have time to go to the gym so eating right and working out at home are my only options. I need friends on here to help motivate me and keep me on track/accountable for my habits. I have a wonderful 13 month old little boy and want to be the best I can for him :smiley:

Replies

• ObsessiveRunner24
    ObsessiveRunner24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We are on the same page. No time for gym and things. And I've never been that much heavy as mI'm now
  • workingonmyfitness2016
    Options
    I am a working mom as well. I work 10 hour days and have a nearly 2 hour commute (thanks to Houston traffic). My best advice would be to find things you can do while you are at work and while you are at home. Do you have stairs in your office? I get together with a couple co-workers and we do 10 flights of stairs twice a day. I also eat quickly and take the rest of my lunch break walking. When I come home, I like to jump on the trampoline with my 2 year old, or turn on music and dance around like crazy ladies. I miss the gym, but I realize that a daily trip to the gym is just not an option for me right now. Some days I crash out as soon as I put the kiddos to sleep. Others days I try to do a short workout video (Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is great) once they are sleeping. Do what works for you.
  • PsLukeM
    PsLukeM Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mums (Moms!).
    Happy to support you all in your journey :)
  • lontanobcn
    lontanobcn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dads have the same problem too!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    You can always visit Popsugar Fitness and do a workout builder. You tell it if you have any equipment, how much time you have and it will create workouts for you. I used to go there when I couldn't make it to the gym or if I am travelling. Take your child for a walk everyday or as often as you can when you get home from work. He will benefit from the fresh air. It might be difficult to get motivated, but once you are you won't want to stop!!! Feel free to add me as a friend!! I will try to support you in anyway that I can!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom as well. I work 10 hour days and have a nearly 2 hour commute (thanks to Houston traffic). My best advice would be to find things you can do while you are at work and while you are at home. Do you have stairs in your office? I get together with a couple co-workers and we do 10 flights of stairs twice a day. I also eat quickly and take the rest of my lunch break walking. When I come home, I like to jump on the trampoline with my 2 year old, or turn on music and dance around like crazy ladies. I miss the gym, but I realize that a daily trip to the gym is just not an option for me right now. Some days I crash out as soon as I put the kiddos to sleep. Others days I try to do a short workout video (Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is great) once they are sleeping. Do what works for you.

Where do you live/work in Houston? We used to live in Katy and my husband and I both had a 2-3hr commute round trip each day. We finally bit the bullet and bought a house in the Museum District. 3 mile commute for my husband and 7.5 for me. I bike most days to work via the Braes Bayou trail. We had to sacrifice size and yard (and still pay more), but it evened out not having to pay for gas and tolls. The public schools in our area are excellent as well. Best thing we ever did.