How many days a week do you exercise/workout?

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    5-6. i almost always have one or two days a week where work or other obligations (or just not feeling great) keep me from the gym, so i plan for every day, knowing i'll miss a day or two out of the week.

• moonsofadam
    moonsofadam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. Absolutely dread off days.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    3-5 days a week.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I walk (with my dog) so I try to walk everyday weather permitting. I also try to do yoga every other day so sometimes that's 3 times a week and sometimes it is 4. I don't really have an off day because I think my dog needs to walk daily, but we don't walk if it is raining.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I weight train five days a week. I rest on Wednesday. Sunday I shoot competitively.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    4-6 days depending on my schedule. My absolute minimum is 3 days, but I prefer to at least get in 4 days of exercise, half pole days and half yoga days.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Usually seven days, but I'll take an occasional day off.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I usually do 5-6 days. I lift 3-4 of those days with a little cardio. On days I don't lift I do lots of cardio via treadmill, rowing, bike, or elliptical.
  • willworkoutforwine
    willworkoutforwine Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started with 2-3 days a week and now I'm up to 5-6 days, although some of those days might include mowing the lawn for 2 hours vs a cardio dance workout or something. I have gotten more creative about getting extra movement in my days when I don't feel like a traditional workout. Daily Burn is what got me to 5-6 days a week. It's so easy to just log into the app (on my Roku) and do whatever workout it has planned for me!
  • nsa352
    nsa352 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started 6 days a week, mixing strength training (kettlebells) , barre fitness, ice skating,skiing. It worked and I liked it but it was too much stress on my body . I had some side effects like irregular periods. Now on weeks when I feel lazy I only workout every 2 days doing heavy weights ( started back squat 115 lbs and deadlifts 95 lbs, I weigh 106 lbs for 5 feet tall; use other heavy weights on machine) and I do also pole fitness which works marvelously. On weeks when I am motivated, I have at least 1 physical activity a day.

• nsa352
    nsa352 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Waiting for spring and summer time to go play outside. Kayaking, longboarding,tennis,hiking.
  • HealthyJho
    HealthyJho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Usually 5-6 days a week.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Every day is walking outside. On top of that, I alternate lifting days and runs/sprints/hard "cardio" days. Then one or two days a week are rest days, usually with fasting.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    2 days, I know, I could be fitter and stronger if I did more, but I don't care, 2 days is enough to keep me good enough. Diet is far more important and trumps anything you can do in the gym anyway (as far as fat loss/control goes).
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ~2 days off a month, several days have multiple events like run lunch, gym evening or two runs in a day or something. It seemed impossible before but now it's just normal. Tomorrow is an off day!
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Started for 6 days but sometime a do get a double training morning-afternoon. I do 4-5 cardio and 4-3 weight lifting (not heavy), bodyweight crossfit or calisthenics.
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Twice a day 3 days a week and once on the other 2 days. Started off doing 7 times per week once a day and worked up to 3 times a day, but got to the point where I was so tired at the weekend that I couldn't function properly. Spoke to my trainer (who didn't know exactly how much I was doing) and was on the verge of overtraining so we worked out a plan to allow me to continue feeling like I was doing enough but also gave me the rest I clearly needed. Still hate rest days but know I have to have them.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    3-5 with 3 being my minimum and 5 being my max. I always take Wednesday and Sunday off to give my body a break and get other things done.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    7 days. My favorite part of the day now that I'm not eating chocolate and bags of
    Doritos!