exercise through a cold

Options
mom23nuts
mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I haven't taken a day off from exercise for a while, but I have a killer sore throat and need a break.

I need soup, but everything has so much sodium too.

My questions...push to exercise or take a day off?

Soup it to warm my throat or are there lower sodium options other than herbal tea?

My kids love to share, but I could have done without their cold.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    listen to your body. if you need a day off, take it.

also... if youre contagious, please dont go to the gym. no one else wants your germs either, and those disinfectant sprays dont do anything...... but you can take a walk or run or something if you feel up to it.
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say 'push yourself', but don't stop completely b/c a cold has you down! Try making your own chicken soup from scratch. it's easier than you'd think, and YOU can control the sodium intake!
    Also, I take extra vitamin C and echinacea for a cold with some hot tea.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    I gave made chicken soup from scratch and it is pretty easy...i just feel like I couldn't be bothered with it at all
  • mom23nuts
    Options

also... if youre contagious, please dont go to the gym. no one else wants your germs either, and those disinfectant sprays dont do anything...... but you can take a walk or run or something if you feel up to it.

God no...i have a spin bike at home I couldn't do that to a crowd at a gym.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    mom23nuts wrote: »

God no...i have a spin bike at home I couldn't do that to a crowd at a gym.

You should rest but as a person who loves working out at the gym and is immunosuppressed I thank you and appreciate your thoughtfulness as many people do not think about spreading illnesses to others